what did you do to your micra today ?

Ohh and I got some MAAAD 1.3 cam goodness too :D

Attachments

• 1409774437485.jpg
    1409774437485.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 336
we fitted those kingpin retread winter tyres last year then had no snow :rolleyes: but all 4 are near the limit now so we bought normal ones this time

P9040084.JPG
P9040086.JPG

Ah I see...a lurker! Where bouts ya from?

Been here for years but say I only joined and I'm 44yrs old........ admin screwed up I'm guessing.

Normally would be more active but like I said, not owning a micra means I haven't much to post about but like checking back. From Galway man, wbu? ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So Monday went to the scrappie to get doors for my k11 seeing as they were wrecked from the bus, got em eventually.. Yano 5 months or so late but.. Ah wel, brought em to get painted Monday and got the doors back yesterday evening. Spent the day takeing the old doors off and swapping all the bits over when we noticed the wireing loom was different.. Doors were of an 2001, so took out that loom put in the 2000 loom then fitted the doors and happy days.. Can't even tell the difference, also got a subwoofer today and wired it up... So yea that happend :p pictures tomorrow of my nice clean dented/scratched free doors and the sub :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of an update.

This little lot arrived from one of our sponsors - Blue Print :)

BwyKXUCIgAAa8NF.jpg

Also on Thursday I sorted out the fitting of most of our tyres for Wales Rally GB, by the Rover Centre (they do work on all cars) in St. Albans

Bwt2sC5CMAAguUj.jpg

Today (and a few evenings) I have fully re-wired the headlights, lamp pod and corner pods wiring. The original set of wiring I put in was in a hurry and a real birds nest of a set-up. The new system is a lot better and looks a lot smarter freeing up space in the engine bay.

Bw4S_VkIEAAbME6.jpg

Also started fitting all new HT electrics, and an oil change.

All rather tired now and the wiring took far longer than I expected on with more work tomorrow....

Also may well be out navving in a Micra at Woodbridge Stages.

on wednesday i became a first time uncle! waiting for my brothers misses to pop out her kid now! but on the micra i hit a pothole tooooo hard, didnt even see the ****er! checked underneath and theres just a big chip on the wishbone, granite micra! got the roof lining out to wrap in silk, found somewhere that does glitter paint too! more interior bits to spray up then, next is to do the parcel shelf too

went to my brothers to use the ramp to put the rest of the heat wrap on where its blowing, back road hack on the way back meant loads of it has fraid off already though haha! also got some industrial strength bonding adhesive on the window and one of my wind deflectors that was coming off

Had my wheels swopped around today and added 5mm spacers. While there I enquired about dropping the back end ( front done when I bought her), I said about cutting the springs but the fella said just buy a set of lowering springs. I've read on here about all the different ways of doing it but not a lot about just fitting shorter springs. He had a look and said that would be fine with the shocks staying the same (correct ?) He'll be doing it not me, nuts and bolts not my scene.
About £30 a spring on ebay I think from memory.
I'm also thinking of putting a sports exhaust on, which is the best one ? read a few blogs on them offering a power gain (?) do they have to come off for the old mot ? I don't want to go around sounding like a Ferrari, rather be understated if you get my drift.....a wolf in sheep clothing.

Last edited:
Drove mine over 500 miles this weekend. Car handled it perfectly, well, apart from steering vibration. Don't think I'll ever get to the bottom of that. Me, girlfriend and a lot of full suitcases in the car with 33psi/29 = large vibration. Just me in the car with 36psi front/35psi rear = large vibration. Can't win!

Drove mine over 500 miles this weekend. Car handled it perfectly, well, apart from steering vibration. Don't think I'll ever get to the bottom of that. Me, girlfriend and a lot of full suitcases in the car with 33psi/29 = large vibration. Just me in the car with 36psi front/35psi rear = large vibration. Can't win!
Have you had your wheels balanced?

Washed it after a drive to Penbrey race circuit to watch a motorkhana event! Jumped in a few Micras including Mikes recently ITB'd Micra.. Will be interesting to compare times when we compete in 5 weeks time :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back