what did you do to your micra today ?

Did the throttle-body re-soldering thing in the perishing cold and snow. Bought a new stereo from Halfrauds, including the fitting loom, but it didn't work:( so I'll be taking that back. What I didn't do though is take any pictures. Naughty me. Will make amends during the week and include some designs for my roof painting enterprise :)
What SirChris said. I grounded mine to neg cigarette lighter wire :)

You need to sort your own grounding point for it no doubt.

Micra turbo... init
What SirChris said. I grounded mine to neg cigarette lighter wire :)
I thought the aerial acted as the ground, it was on my car anyway :L
Head units have different grounds

Micra turbo... init

Mine already came with an aftermarket stereo with an adapter and works fine. Never needed to add my own ground.

So surely it's earthed through the adapter somehow?

About to drink coffee drive to chloes old k11 rip the good bits out and turn her little LX into a GX... The things you do for friends with micras!

Mine already came with an aftermarket stereo with an adapter and works fine. Never needed to add my own ground.

So surely it's earthed through the adapter somehow?
Some of my micras can use the standard ground other not. problem is some of the looms use a trigger wire as a ground to illuminate the stock stereo i do believe ,,, correct me if I am wrong. also the stock used the aerial I do believe.

(this isnt really anything to do with my Micra but i made a new T shirt lol)

482555_10151774711414546_186291349_n.jpg

Ah, thank you chaps. I'm getting one of our auto electrical engineers to take a look tomorrow, he installed the Parrot, satnav and reversing camera in the car so he knows his way around behind the (very) cluttered dash board. Ground wire makes sense though, I'll suggest that to him.

Bought a few bits to service the car, and a few extra bits as a treat for her... Planned to do said service today but I woke up late & it's stupidly cold so that can wait.

Only thing left is to source some Bosch Super 4s but still not sure what type I need. Any help guys, it's a 1L K11 facelift, pre coilpack...

Started nosing about and prodding stuff with my finger to see if anything was lose/moved/tookmyfingeroff. Anyhoo opened the glovebox and to the left hand side theres a brown square? i assume some sort of flap as i can push at and a little cable next to it moves, Havnt a scooby what it does so i pulled the cable back to the original position, Any ideas as to what it is ?

Started nosing about and prodding stuff with my finger to see if anything was lose/moved/tookmyfingeroff. Anyhoo opened the glovebox and to the left hand side theres a brown square? i assume some sort of flap as i can push at and a little cable next to it moves, Havnt a scooby what it does so i pulled the cable back to the original position, Any ideas as to what it is ?
Could be cable for a glove box light if you haven't already got one?

Wdid? Started searching for wide 14" tyres! Best i can find is 195/45 or 195/55 made by toyo, I miss having infinite grip from the 195/45R15 i used to run...

I run Uniroyal rainsport 2 195/45/14 as my wet setup bud and rate them highly not very expensive either
Can you give me a link to source them? All ive been able to find is toyo or falken in that size about £55 a tyre on the sites i looked at.

Just fancied more grip without running 15's as after much deliberation and ebay scrolling i think ive decided to keep my 14'' OZ's and maybe spray them white to get that rally look going :) Also need an adjustable panhard rod whenever noddie makes some more :p i keep cutting chunks out of my tyres!

Can you give me a link to source them? All ive been able to find is toyo or falken in that size about £55 a tyre on the sites i looked at.

Just fancied more grip without running 15's as after much deliberation and ebay scrolling i think ive decided to keep my 14'' OZ's and maybe spray them white to get that rally look going :) Also need an adjustable panhard rod whenever noddie makes some more :p i keep cutting chunks out of my tyres!

There you go mate i got mine from national, if you do a bit of searching around i got them to price match mine delivered & fitted:
http://www.national.co.uk/tyres-size-search.aspx?Width=195&Profile=45&Diameter=14&Rating=&LoadIndex=

+1 for the white OZ rims as well :)

There you go mate i got mine from national, if you do a bit of searching around i got them to price match mine delivered & fitted:
http://www.national.co.uk/tyres-size-search.aspx?Width=195&Profile=45&Diameter=14&Rating=&LoadIndex=

+1 for the white OZ rims as well :)

Cheers :) Those prices arent bad fitted actually, i'll have to search around to find some matches! Also since youre here how hard was it to get your carbs to work/whats the gain like? I've got me a cg13 to go in but wanna stay na for now and still make some poweeeer! :p

Cheers :) Those prices arent bad fitted actually, i'll have to search around to find some matches! Also since youre here how hard was it to get your carbs to work/whats the gain like? I've got me a cg13 to go in but wanna stay na for now and still make some poweeeer! :p

Not too hard to get them to work mate, throttle response improves alot, then its a case of jetting them to suit (hopefully be doing this soon)

Not too hard to get them to work mate, throttle response improves alot, then its a case of jetting them to suit (hopefully be doing this soon)

Yeah was just browsing your thread on that subject actually, sounds complicated ish :/ Looks like i'll have to get saving too! 100hp cg13 n/a plan, money only manages 60hp cg10 :p

Yeah was just browsing your thread on that subject actually, sounds complicated ish :/ Looks like i'll have to get saving too! 100hp cg13 n/a plan, money only manages 60hp cg10 :p

I write a little guide on thie thread mate:
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/what-bike-carbs-should-i-install-on-k11-facelift-and-how.54790/

You could get the bits togeather over time mate no problem then bolt them all up togeather, though i've no idea what bike carbs with do to your emissions for your MOT :confused:

I write a little guide on thie thread mate:
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/what-bike-carbs-should-i-install-on-k11-facelift-and-how.54790/

You could get the bits togeather over time mate no problem then bolt them all up togeather, though i've no idea what bike carbs with do to your emissions for your MOT :confused:
Cheers again :) building over time is my only way atm, still waiting for a steady job! I would guess id end up running one set up for day to day and a much more "efficient" one for MOT's haha. Still this is just dreams for now, gotta get my Cg13 built and fitted yet and decide whether or not to go high comp as my cg10 has an oily cyl 3 and if thats the rings then its out of my cost/time constraints to fix.

If they are slightly different style, but the same offset, just run one pair on one side and one pair on the other - once they're the same colour no one will ever know.

changed my punctured tire then went to scrappy as the spare I put on was on the limit :eek: while there I acquired the passenger interior door switch as mine didn't have one and a little bit of rear window beading as for some strange reason my beading is bought 3 inches too small then installed these when I got home lol and viola my light now comes on when passenger door is open. :D

Back