what are the chances!

adamsricky

Club Member (Trial)
well i was on my way yesterday (also my birthday) to get my new 1.3 engine to fit into the micra, i was driving my other car which is a renault megane scenic. we got just around the corner of the scrapyard litterly 3 minutes away and crunch my cambelt tensioner failed. then had a nice three hour wait for the aa to come and recover my vehicle. so rather that being out in the garage today changing my engine in my micra as planned i was changing the cam belt and tensioner in the hope that i might be able to salvage the renault with no problems to the head, but no put the new blet on and low and behold it runs nice and rough so its now back to the scrappy now, not for a new micra engine but for a bloody new head for the renault.

long story short..... french cars are S***E
one day i will get my 1.3

Lol talk about sods law… reminds me of when I broke down in front of a Nissan dealership on my way home from Plymouth

two very ironic things here i feel

ironic that renault now own nissan so all future nissans are going to be crappy renault quality

ironic that the engine you picked up has a timing chain which never (should) break

well i got the car back on the road a few weeks ago and it runs really well im sure its better than before lol but was driving up to gatwick a couple of days ago and ###### me i gotta nice knocking noise start now that appears to be coming from the offside wishbone ball joint.
wish me luck.

well i got the car back on the road a few weeks ago and it runs really well im sure its better than before lol but was driving up to gatwick a couple of days ago and ###### me i gotta nice knocking noise start now that appears to be coming from the offside wishbone ball joint.
wish me luck.

scrap it and buy a tino lol

I suspect I may be the only person on this site, but I actually rather like french cars. My base spec 205 was easily the eaqual of my micra in driving experience and comfort. The citroen visa was adequate. The BX and Xantia were both excellent cars, both of which had just the right ammount of barking mad engineering to make them properly french.
At some point I will own one of the most beautiful saloon cars ever made. I will be a happy man when I can crusie in fluid suspended comfort in a Citroen DS.

Sorry to hear about your troubles adamsricky, glad you got the head sorted and I hope the ball joint isn't too much of a ballache.

Back