What alloys will fit a K10 SS?

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
I have been doing some looking around, and have also been readin the DIY guide but its a little scratchy and only really says very generally what wheels do not fit.

They will be going on an SS and the steelies on there look really thin and sunk into the car, i want the wheels to come out more to the sides of the car if you get what i mean. I have learnt what all the techy stuff means like offset, pcd, inner bore hole etc, and could get some wheels that would fit. But i want to know what size would look the best. I want to go with 14" rims as they seem to have no rubbing issues and will make my speedo more accurate :) So for SS K10 owners, or anyone with a bodykit really, what width rims/tyres do you have?? and the offset blah blah blah :)

Many thanks!!!!

PS: i know i need a PCD of 100 :D thats something lol

i got 14 inch mim wheels from a rover.
the centre bore is a lil too big but cut a lil bit out of a bmw fittment ring and they fit like a glove.

running on 165 65 14 tyres, only rubbing is due to suspension being old.

that any help?

Thats good to know rover wheels will fit, but what i want to know is more like offset and rim width in inches. and how close to the edge of the car are they.. maybe i didnt word my 1st post well doh! thanks though mate!

Mine were 185/55/14's mate and the rears rub on lowering springs and even with extra bump stops fitted! (probably all that ICE in the boot) Rear left mostly, but rear right also rubs on certain corners.

actually mate its the offset on those wheels that makes them rub :) i'm using 85/55/14's lower with bump stops and i'm yet to hear them rub, but then i have rolled the arches

15's will fit with 195/45 profile tyres but you will have to roll the arches and put larger bumpstops on the rear i did this on my black super s

its offset that is usually the cause of rubbing not wheel size or tyre size, i even had 195/50 r15's on the super s and it didnt rub as the offset meant the wheels cleared the arch well

the offset you want ideally is 38 standard is 35

thats if IIRC

what's the offset on mine then fella! do you remember? Maybe that's why the handling is so amazing as they stick out further :)

about 40-42 i think mate, hard to remeber 5 years back! i have trouble remembering yesterday let alone getting those wheels :p

ok so with a max offset of 38, and tyre no bigger than 185 on 14" rims it will not rub and will fill the arches better.. ill start looking!!

be warned mate if the suspension is old and worn expect it to rub a bit! but its easy to sort (something fordy can help you out with im sure :) )

i will be putting my new shocks on the SS so suspension will be pretty firm, I will be getting new springs later when i get the money lol... I got asked for an interview today thats on friday so heres hoping!!!

Cheers guys!

mate check this website, i bought 17"s for my mr2 from here

http://www.alloywheels.com

you can get 15" with tyres for the micra for £300!!!!! great place and the service is brilliant! got the wheels delivered in 2 days from ordereing :D

im going to order some soon i think

about 40-42 i think mate, hard to remeber 5 years back! i have trouble remembering yesterday let alone getting those wheels :p

lmao! ok, all those years ive been saying my 14's rub, well that's why! It does cause problems so yeah i'd go for 38 if that's the K10 recommendation

yours still rib cos those bump stops you put on were ####! if you got some normal nissan ones and let me sort it out they wouldnt rub! i had mine running lowered with and engine in the back and it didn't rub at all!

yours still rib cos those bump stops you put on were ####! if you got some normal nissan ones and let me sort it out they wouldnt rub! i had mine running lowered with and engine in the back and it didn't rub at all!

This engine was cargo i take it???? i havent heard of a twin engined micra!!!! OHHHHHHHH how i wish i had a garage to work in!!!!

heres a pic of 30 offset 13" wheels, -35mm spring and 185/60/13 tyres.

100_1000.jpg

no scrubbing on the front, the rear isnt lowered yet.

they are only 13's tho :)

heres a pic of 30 offset 13" wheels, -35mm spring and 185/60/13 tyres.

100_1000.jpg

no scrubbing on the front, the rear isnt lowered yet.

they are only 13's tho :)

Looks quality that, the gaps are perfect! Ive got 185/65/14 on standard suspension and they scrape with 3 of us in it down small curbs.

Ryan.

skoda alloys fit....

i've got 13" ones on my K10...

its the older skoda's though....you should find them in scrappies nowdays...i got a full 5 set for 60 quid!!!:wow:

:k10:

curtis.. thats interesting, cheers for that..

Dan, them wheels looks Very nice.. im not after the biggest rims i can fit, i kinda like small but wide wheels :)

Thanks to everyone for the comments... may have to pay a visit to the scrappy!

cheers fellas :)

theyre ATS alloys, they were an option on early Mk2 mantas (or manta b's as theyre known) ideal if you like the retro look. I wanted ATS classics but I'm not made of money....

the offset prob isnt ideal coming from a RWD, but I like the looks anyhow. Must clean em at some point.

as for the skoda ones, do you mean ones off a favorit? those would look good i reakon :) i looked into estelle ones (KN jupiters) but the PCD was a barn door out :(

some light weight 13"s are best for the k10 you'd be surprised how much difference to performance light weight 13" will make :)

hi,
im new on here
just browsing through the posts and now im going to ask some probably obvious questions!

what is offset???

i have a completely standard k10 and i want to know about it basicly
so any advice/help anyone can give me would be fantastic

cheers chub

Inset or outset or offset,
This is very important. Ignore this and you can end up with all manner of nasty problems. This is the distance in mm between the centre line of the wheel rim, and the line through the fixing face. You can have inset, outset or neither. This determines how the suspension and self-centring steering behave. The most obvious problem that will occur if you get it wrong is that the steering will either become so heavy that you can't turn the car, or so light that you need to spend all your time keeping the car in a straight line. More mundane problems through ignoring this measurement can range from wheels that foul parts of the bodywork or suspension, to high-speed judder in the steering because the suspension setup can't handle that particular type of wheel. This figure will be stamped on the wheel somewhere as an ET figure.
Inset and outset are subsets of offset and the relationship is this : positive offset = inset. Negative offset = outset. Typically you can get away with 5mm-7mm difference from the vehicle manufacturer specification before you'll run into trouble with the wheels fouling the suspension or bodywork. So for example if your stock wheels have an offset of 42mm and you can only find replacements with a 40mm offset, that 2mm difference ought to OK.

No offset
182746e65696cd152.gif

positive offset
182746e65696de2c2.gif

negative offset
182746e65696e7f07.gif

taken from http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg2.html

Basically you're looking for something like ET38 for a Micra.

so...
what sizes is a standard k10 steel rim and tire???

i think its 13" diameter but i havent measured

im just trying to work out what tires i will need if i was to get 14"'s

chub

early ones used 12" rims I believe, not sure of the tyre size though, later ones used 13" rims with 155/70x13 tyres. For 14s I would go with 185/50 or 185/55, or if you didnt want that wide then 165/55 or 165/60, all these would fit a 6" wide rim.

Back