what abt fueling petrol instead of unleaded ?

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
just abt d title says guys.... anyone ever tried fueling 'leaded' fuel i.e. petrol rather than unleaded?

petrol in comparison to unleaded drives the car much easier, it gives the driver more power feeling...this is the case in petrol / unleaded vehicles..it's noticeable difference.

I've always put unleaded...but what about it ?

I know in the fuel door I've got a sticker saying something about super unleaded fuel...

just curious guys..

we dont get leaded fuel in the uk thay stoped selling it 15-20 years ago

difference between unleaded and super unleaded is the ron or octane rating, the higher the ron the hotter and cleaner the fuel burns

unleaded is 93-95 ron
super unleaded is 97-99 ron

and in the uk we can get 105 ron whats designed for performance cars but not sold at all petrol stations

i tend to run my corsa on super or premium unleaded as it makes the car feel more responsive

we dont get leaded fuel in the uk thay stoped selling it 15-20 years ago

difference between unleaded and super unleaded is the ron or octane rating, the higher the ron the hotter and cleaner the fuel burns

unleaded is 93-95 ron
super unleaded is 97-99 ron

and in the uk we can get 105 ron whats designed for performance cars but not sold at all petrol stations

i tend to run my corsa on super or premium unleaded as it makes the car feel more responsive

sorry to ask mate..but what is exactly your choice of fuel at the stations in the UK ?

I know this may seem obvious but here locally, we can fuel up Diesel, Petrol nowadays called L.R.P , or unleaded and also bio-diesel....

I was referring to L.R.P , don't you have L.R.P ? can it be given to the micra?

You can still purchase 4star from approved vendors but it was £1.50 a litre last time we filled the e-type up on it.

anyone know if the micra can take it?

you ought to have something like L.R.P in your gas stations, majority of cars run on it.. I dunno if lead has been reduced from it, but recently we called it petrol, now it's L.R.P .. at the Gas station it's coloour behind the name is red, as the unleaded has green colour.

you can still get leaded petrol here, theres a garage locally that sells it, cant remember it being any more expensive then normal unleaded tho.

not sure about running it in a micra id suggest not.

There's no point, you won't get any more power as the car will adjust timing for the better fuel. Seriously if you want loads more power you need to do engine work. The only 'horsepower in a bottle' in nitrous oxide.

Back