• Black

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Did some more work today. Fitted the side skirts and fully fitted the back and front bumper in the centre (pictures explain themselves):(Y)

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Im not a big fan of facelift micra, but this ones coming along nicely.
as im looking at your car from side Id def go -60 front and -50 rear

Cheers mate, and yeah I will be having 60mm front and 50mm back. My car does need a clean the the side skirts need to be sanded down. There is a lot of white dust on the car so does look a bit messy. I will sand the remaining in the week and clean it at the end, then I will upload so pictures from different angles so you can see how it is coming along.

Cheers - Will (Y)

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Liking this blog, looking forward to the finished project.

Yeah cheers mate. Cant do much work on in at the moment because of the rain :( I will hopefully start again in the new year which will be roughly when I will be able to drive. So all is looking good. (Y)

I will keep everyone updated with any work if it happens but the rain seems to be overpowering :(

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Will, don't worry, mate.
I was stuck for months but now have news after news :)
Still haven't fitted the rear wiper motor you've sent me though - problems with wiring - mine is JDM and the motor is Spanish - so they talk in different languages :)

Looking forward to see how your WALD kit will come!

Good luck with the rain

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
I wanna see an update on this :grinning: I absolutely adore the Wald kit.

Where abouts did you get such lower springs? I don't want to cut the springs, but I don't want to pay £650 for coileys, or only get a 30mm drop from apexi ones :down:

I wanna see an update on this :grinning: I absolutely adore the Wald kit.

Where abouts did you get such lower springs? I don't want to cut the springs, but I don't want to pay £650 for coileys, or only get a 30mm drop from apexi ones :down:

matt humphris does 50mm springs

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Its winter so I'll let him off with not much update :D

Yea matt humphris is good, I bought a janspeed manifold which arrived the next day.

Oh you decided what colour to spray the car?

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Hey everyone, long time since I posted any comments so I thought I would keep you all updated. (Y)

After a long thought and many ideas I couldn't decide whether to go with the black or white, so I have decided to go with a dark grey colour, pretty much exactly the same as the photoshopped image below. I'm going with the black wheels and have started on them this weekend and are now nearly finished and I hope to get pictures of those uploaded by this afternoon.

Front and back bumpers and fully fitted, having a bit of trouble with the side skirts, got one of them on, but they don't seem to be that sturdy. Any ideas? I am hoping to have the car fully painted by the end of April, fingers crossed. And then after that it will be interior work, now that the outside should be fully finished.

What my Wald kitted Micra will look like in a few months:
Wald-Nissan_March_1999_800x600_wall.jpg

Hey everyone, long time since I posted any comments so I thought I would keep you all updated. (Y)

After a long thought and many ideas I couldn't decide whether to go with the black or white, so I have decided to go with a dark grey colour, pretty much exactly the same as the photoshopped image below. I'm going with the black wheels and have started on them this weekend and are now nearly finished and I hope to get pictures of those uploaded by this afternoon.

Front and back bumpers and fully fitted, having a bit of trouble with the side skirts, got one of them on, but they don't seem to be that sturdy. Any ideas? I am hoping to have the car fully painted by the end of April, fingers crossed. And then after that it will be interior work, now that the outside should be fully finished.

What my Wald kitted Micra will look like in a few months:
hey will, good to hear from you. I doubt your car gonna look the same as the one on the pic unless its gonna became prefacelift over night :wasntme:

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
hey will, good to hear from you. I doubt your car gonna look the same as the one on the pic unless its gonna became prefacelift over night :wasntme:

Oh yeah I didn't even realise that. Oh well, similar.

Yeah dark grey will be lovely, like a gunmetal grey one of my fave car colours!! :)

Yeah, gunmetal!! The picture below is what inspired me for the design and I really liked it! (Y)
darkgreyfiat.jpg

peposhi

Will, are you doing a full respray? Wonder what are the prices in your area. I want get mine done at some stage, the damage these ####ers did makes me angry any time I see the scratched paint...

A average PROPER spray job wich incudes a rub down and wet n dry after will set you back £1,000

If you are friendly with a spray shop then they will more then likely do a spray job to your satisfaction.................................In my case....if i ask for a cheap blow over i can get it :glare:

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Will, are you doing a full respray? Wonder what are the prices in your area. I want get mine done at some stage, the damage these ####ers did makes me angry any time I see the scratched paint...

Yeah Im getting a full respray, the cost to get one done where I live is ridiculously expensive. Might have to make a trip to go somewhere cheap but I think my mate knows someone who can do it for a reasonable good, cheap price of around £500. Which is what I am looking at doing within the next couple of months or so. I'll let you know when I find out how much they cost. If I were you, I would try and find a single person who will do the same quality job for a fraction of the price compared to a company who tries to draw as much money as they can from customers. (Y) Good luck!

peposhi

I got a quote in a local company for 624 Euro for a door, wing and rear panel only :suspect:
:glare: Too dear

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
If you've got the confidence to do it, why not do it yourself, body shops are far to expensive for my liking

2 Reasons. First, I dont have an indoor facility that I could do any of the spraying in and prep. Second, I don't really know what I would be doing. There isn't Really anthing on the internet, and I was always told that it is really difficult spraying it yourself.

If you could help me out I would way prefer to do it myself to save me the money. Thanks, Will (Y)

Lol I ain't got a clue either, I'll be asking a friends dad to do it for me, he's got a garage set up for spraying motorbikes so I'm sure car panels will fit no problem

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Lol I ain't got a clue either, I'll be asking a friends dad to do it for me, he's got a garage set up for spraying motorbikes so I'm sure car panels will fit no problem

Yeah exactly, I just dont have anywhere to do it. Might be able to get it done for cheap money though. (Y)

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Who needs a indoor facility! Wait till the summer comes and it'l be good enough conditions to spray, true retro :D

To be honest I think you should have a crack yourself. Buy a few books (amazon do good car books). Admitedly you'll need to buy some new equipment (large compressors, decent spray guns, sanders ect.) but chances are it will still work out cheaper then going to a body shop even with paint costs. + if you get it a bit wrong first time round just sand it down and start over.

well 800 hundred is with the odd few sents etc which require filler and a bit more work etc... but if its a simple colour change with no inflamations at all it is less

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Here is a quick update of what I have done today (weather has been good):

Finally trying to fit the side skirts on, they have been quite hard to do recently and hope this works:
IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

After having these wheels originally white, I am now going with the dark grey car and black wheels look (pictures explain themselves):
IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

Hope you like it and all comments are welcome. x

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
you came in bomb diving true Messerschmit spirit:grinning:
door trims with cup holders, some sort of serious win!!!!!!!!!
i got the idea of heat gunning and gently moulding the preface door poket to form that sort of shape:grinning:

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
you came in bomb diving true Messerschmit spirit:grinning:
door trims with cup holders, some sort of serious win!!!!!!!!!
i got the idea of heat gunning and gently moulding the preface door poket to form that sort of shape:grinning:

Haha thanks. Yeah, I'll upload some more pictures today when the side skirts are fully finished.
Then all I will have to do is sand the car down a bit and it's ready for a paint job. Finally got there.

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
bit of sanding? your brave:grinning:
end result will be worth it,,,you doing it yourself(bodyworks)

Yeah I finished pretty much all of the sanding today. Just got to do a bit more on the side skirts and then I am done. I mainly sanded down other areas of the car and filled in dents and then sanded them down as well. All is looking good, practically ready for a paint job :)

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
looking forward to seeing the results of this!

After all that confusion, I'm getting it painted within a months time.

I am going to have a black micra - all colour coded and black wheels.

But the wheels will have a silver line around the outside of the wheel. I made a photoshop of what it will look like below. I think thats the best option due to the fact that I dont want the car to stand out too much but I want it to look quite stylish at the same time if you get what I mean.

MicraSquarePlat1-1.jpg

x

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
good choice
black with a slight red touch in it, sort of like black with a very slight touch of red to keep it dark black with a red glow

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
I think you all missed the point I was photoshoping the wheels of the car to black with a silver line around the edges.

I am gunna have standard seats tho. The red ones in the picture were from another guys car. So what I'm saying is the car will be fully black with black wheels with a silver tint around the edges. The seats are originals.

Get ma?