will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Poll: What Re-Spray Colour? (Before you decide, look at the 2 pictures below):

White:
dsc00550eb.jpg

Black:
attachment.php

My Facelift K11

Hello. I've been a forum member for a short while now just lurking around, and so I thought I would start my own blog of my Micra. This isn't going to be anything special inside the car – such as no engine work due to the fact I have not much money. But in the future I may plan to put a turbo in it – might be fun! But for now, mainly interior and exterior modifications are going to happen.

Anyway, a little about me, I'm 17 and still in school, but I’ve still got enough time to work on my car and keep the modifications going.

And now the car. I bought the car about 6 months ago. I want my car to look really nice, but don’t want it to stand out ridiculously in front of every other car on the road. So I am still not 100% sure on the colour – probably going to go for the white look. Although it turns out there's a lot of Micra's on here that I wouldn’t mind mine to look like and could definitely name a few.

It took a month or so before I even took a photo of my Micra so here it is with a few modifications already done, which are listed below.

DSC00072-1.jpg

Smooth Boot-
First thing I did when I got the car was remove all the stickers and logos from the tailgate. Then replaced the facelift boot handle for a different one which I believe looks much better and will eventually colour-coded it. I also tried the horizontal wiper mod, but wasn't confident on actually cutting the internals up, but while it was off the car I had just left the hole in the back of the car. And found out that I very rarely use the rear wiper so decided to keep it removed and so then sold it to peposhi.
DSC00071.jpg

Boot Lights-
I bought some clear Micra indicators of eBay cheap, they work really well and they are much brighter than my old ones. Well one was broken anyway so needed a new pair whatever. I have left the key hole on the boot where it should be because some people remove it or change where it is. To be honest I think it looks fine where it is.

Colour-Coded Door Handles-
Simple to do, makes the car look better, but took a couple of days to get them back onto the car. Had to put my hand through the window wind the windows up as much as possible and slip my hand out when I left it over those days. Got a few looks when I went to get back in.

So that's it for now, I' think I've caught up with my progress. I've done one more thing since these photos. Update coming soon with more pictures.

Here is my to-do list over the next 6 months (hopefully sooner):
1. Remove side bumpstrips
2. Colour-code front and rear bumpstrips/guard
3. Get a body Kit
4. Black out headlights
5. Remove mudflaps
6. Get some JDM rear lights
7. Steering wheel and boss kit
8. Racing seats – recliner
9. Buy and fit subwoofer
10. Super S spoiler
11. 13” wheels
12. Full re-spray – still deciding on the colour.

If you want to know where I got any of the products from, I can give you the link or I can get them for you.
Comments welcome.

Removed the Rear Wiper (and sold it before you ask):

DSC00200.jpg

Removed Front and Back Bumpers:

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Bought a Super S Spoiler off Eltaylor:

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

Bought 4 14" Oz Alloys off of Pritz with tyres in White!

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

Changing the Side Repeaters from Orange to Clear (on-going):

1.jpg

My WALD Kit arrived this morning which I bought off Kristain through McCheung. Thanks both of you for the time and effort that you went through to make this for me. Anyway....here are some pictures:

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

More to come soon. Comments welcome. (Y)

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Hey, Whalligan
You've done great job, man :)
Why don't you use filler to cover the gaps? You've said it's already screwed on...

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
he hasnt fitted it yet?

looks like its just been propped on it.

should look good when its done, go for white though ;)

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
he hasnt fitted it yet?

looks like its just been propped on it.

should look good when its done, go for white though ;)

Yer I am planning on going for white. I have fully fitted the front bumper, but it is just propped up in the pictures. I will take some more pictures today with the front bumper properly fitted.

Yer I know what you mean about applying the fibre glass then sanding and rubbing it down, but ON WHAT! eg. the side skirts, front bumper, back bumper?

Cheers - Will (Y)

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
just fill the gap between the body and the kit with filler i think you can get plasturizer for paint and filler to stop cracking as it flexes slightly
and if you screw in the cars body try sealing off the bare metal-----or try find this guy he knows a bit----
WHEETO-MICRAWEBSITE.jpg

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
car paint shop have a whole heap of stuff but body shops know better as they actually use the products
chat to some body shops bout the flexing part
what you think of my mates dog with his things hanging out

mike

I love Ed!!!!
clear side repeaters can be bought from Nissan, the later shape Micra shares it's side repeaters with the Almera.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
There's nothing wront with Reg's photo of the mutt. In fact, I'd say it was the dog's b0IIocks :laugh:.

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
please promise thats going on coilys!

you have a lovely looking house btw

what do you mean going on coilys? if you mean lowered - I am cutting the springs asap.

oh and that isn't my house, it's an abandoned swimming pool at the bottom of my garden..... :eek:

no, you either cut your spring for cost of some silly money to lower it or you can get lowering springs with maybe some uprated bumpers, or you can get coilovers which is the best, but most expensive option.

EDIT: there is also an option of some alternative suspension from different car which will make your car lower.

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
What do you mean is screwed on? And use filler where and what cracks?

Sorry, my English is not good enough to express myself sometimes.
What I meant was - the side skirts - you've got some gaps between them and car' body. You've said in a separate thread you're wondering how to fix that. I thought, once they are fitted on the car, use some filler to cover the gaps, sand and paint.
Hope this time I've made it clear :)

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
dont cut your spring.

its a proper bodge way of doing it,

you paid out for a pricy kit. pay out for some coil overs, they can go lower than cut springs and will benefit the handling of your car.

or if you dont want to do that, have a look through Franks thread and see how low and good looking his car got with other OEM parts instead.

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
I'd go for white (was thinking of respraying mines later to white)

As for coil over the white car at the top is coilovers. they are so low its almost touching the arches but hes got it on very stiff settings so goes round corners like a go cart :)

I'd go for lower springs than cutting mate. mines are 35mm and goes over speed bump no problem (cept for the ones built like mountains.) Although i hear 50mm work just as good. Anyways if you do decide on coilovers mate you can sell your springs someone on here will have em im sure :)

Dont be frighten of the price these bad boys are worth it if i had the money id get coilovers :p
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...&_nkw=k11+coilovers&_sacat=See-All-Categories

lol just voted on the polls its 50/50 black is great in the summer, only issue is its hard to spot in the dark had a few people almost hitting into me at night :/ feel like night rider without the glowing red light at the front. The black also shows up all the dam dings where people bash the doors in car parks :(

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
ill cut them (Y) - much cheaper

and much more dangerous cutting springs is a bad idea its a cheap ass and massively innaccurate way of lowering a car, most springs are not the same size at the bottom as they are further up the spring there fore you cut off the smaller section that fits in the damper cup the wider section higher up wont sit in the cup and will just drop off giving you no suspension if your lucky youll just get a big bang if unlucky itll take out a tyre maybe snap a brake line cause a horrible accident! lowering springs are the best way if your doing it on the cheap, otherwise id just wait and save for coilovers.
oh anyone wanting to dispute my claims on cutting springs come have a look at my micra i bought and found had 4 cut springs which have all popped off :eek:

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
not case on k11.
Cutting springs is fine as soon as you do it properly. If someone cut them and just hope they are gonna stay in place thats dangerous.
how is it safe to knacker the spring rate youll bounce all over the road everytime you hit a speed bump spring rates are determined by the diamiter of the coil, how many coils or turns per X amount of length. Also most cars like some nissans have a taper coil. k11s maybe an exception, seriously one mistake it could be game over! how much are lowering springs like £60 why spend money making your car look good if your gonna scrimp on the important bits! a bodykit aint gonna save you in a crash dude. suspension, steering, braking, tyres all very important and must be taken seriously
you car at the end of the day all i can think is what if my girlfriend, mum, kids etc are in the car and the worst happens, if youd have saved up for a few weeks it could have been avoided

actually springs become stiffer because the reduce length even though its negligible, like i said, i think its fine as soon as you do it properly. never heard of crash if you do it properly and secure them in (wire, hose clips, spot welding, axle straps). It does improve handling simply by that fact the centre of gravity is lower. Of course coilovers are better thats why i have them and they cost no less then 600 quid.

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
actually springs become stiffer because the reduce length even though its negligible, like i said, i think its fine as soon as you do it properly. never heard of crash if you do it properly and secure them in (wire, hose clips, spot welding, axle straps). It does improve handling simply by that fact the centre of gravity is lower. Of course coilovers are better thats why i have them and they cost no less then 600 quid.
as standard springs are progressive, this means that the more pressure put on them the stiffer they get. This results in little bumps in the road being pretty much unnoticeable and bigger bumps being smoothed out, if you cut the springs you remove the slower progressive side of the springs meaning it will react incorrectly and make the response dangerous, it also put the spring under more intense strain as the progressive part also helps to reduce the movement the more it moves.
also i actually have cut springs on my car im not happy about it but im looking into what coilovers i can fit and i can say every pot hole i hit throws the car all over the road
its nothing to do with the centre of gravity its about how the springs absorb an impact and discipate the energy away, you cut away some of the spring then there is less metal to absorb the impact, causing a violent bounce as the rebound of the initial impact will have to throw the car up to discipate the energy
its simple science
also with cut springs my car is certainly not very good round corners, or in a straight line, its scarey. probably because the bottom of the coil isnt welded down, but a welded spring is not acceptable in mot terms, so an eagle eyed moter will fail this

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Right...

I have now decided what I am going to do. Below is a list of things I will need to be purchasing:

- 60mm Lowering Springs (front and back) from Matt Humphries.
- Full body re-spray in White.
- New front washer Jets.

Things I need to do:

- Complete the fixing of the front bumper (centre).
- Complete the fixing of the back bumper (centre).
- Install Clear side repeaters.
- Sand down the P38 (easy sand) on the side skirts.
- Change rear lights to a new set (already purchased).
- Spray Brake calipers red.

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Here are some more updates of what I did yesterday and finished off this morning, enjoy:

New Rear Lights of Noddie arrived yesterday (thankyou!):
IMG_0322.jpg

Went ahead and started painting my front 2 Brake Capilers red. Pictures explain themselves:
IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

The Essentials at 10am:
IMG_0331.jpg

The Final Product:
IMG_0332.jpg

Comments welcome...

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
getting there mate. decide it to go for lowering springs after all that comments then?

Yeah.... well, after all them comments, I decided that getting insurance on cut springs would be a b*tch. So I'm gunna get a set of 60mm lowering springs off Matt Humphries after all.

Should look good though. Do you think 60mm would be too low? Considering that the body kit is all ready quite low to the ground?

Cheers - Will (Y)

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
well, i think its gonna be just enough. Im able to help you with them once you got them.

Yeah if you could that would be a great help. Matt said that the back ones are easy to install but you might need a helping hand from a mate for the front ones. So if you could, I would very much appreciate it. Kristain....on his micra, put 60mm on the front and 50mm on the back. Look at the picture below:

dsc00559dd.jpg

dsc00548en.jpg

Would do you think? (Y)

rears are well easy. front can be difficult because of all the rusted bolts and stuff, but your car is 2001 so it should be ok. micras do look better when they are lower at front.