Wet rear seat, water leaking in

HI all. I am hoping that I can get some help from you. I bought a K12 SE auto for my wifes first car, after reading online reviews seemed the perfect car. It has been a great motor up till now. This by no means is a major problem but could become one if not resolved. After recently returning from holiday we noticed that there was a really strong damp smell in car, the rear seat passenger side was very wet, in the boot the liner floor and side liner were also very wet on the drivers side which was at first confusing. However on inspection I have found a leak coming in from below the drivers side rear light (not from the light itself) but on what I read elsewhere the foam surround on the light can become an issue I decided to seal with silicone, this has not solved the problem. I did find on here that busterdan had a similar problem but on his thread I couldn't find if/how he finally resolved the issue. The water actually comes in through the bodywork, one of the slots that are below the light cluster, but I can't actually figure out exactly where it comes in, annoyingly! I've attached the file from busterdan's original thread for you to see where the leak is actually coming in.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20181111_111935.jpg
    20181111_111935.jpg
    811 KB · Views: 547
OP
OP
G
HI all. I am hoping that I can get some help from you. I bought a K12 SE auto for my wifes first car, after reading online reviews seemed the perfect car. It has been a great motor up till now. This by no means is a major problem but could become one if not resolved. After recently returning from holiday we noticed that there was a really strong damp smell in car, the rear seat passenger side was very wet, in the boot the liner floor and side liner were also very wet on the drivers side which was at first confusing. However on inspection I have found a leak coming in from below the drivers side rear light (not from the light itself) but on what I read elsewhere the foam surround on the light can become an issue I decided to seal with silicone, this has not solved the problem. I did find on here that busterdan had a similar problem but on his thread I couldn't find if/how he finally resolved the issue. The water actually comes in through the bodywork, one of the slots that are below the light cluster, but I can't actually figure out exactly where it comes in, annoyingly! I've attached the file from busterdan's original thread for you to see where the leak is actually coming in.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated
In case anyone experiences the same problem. After lots of investigation I found two small separations in the welding on the bodywork just below the rear light cluster behind the top edge of the bumper. Silicone run along the weld seam has now sealed it and resolved the problem

In case anyone experiences the same problem. After lots of investigation I found two small separations in the welding on the bodywork just below the rear light cluster behind the top edge of the bumper. Silicone run along the weld seam has now sealed it and resolved the problem
I have the exact same leak. I partially removed the bumper and found a small separation, but will need to check again as I still have a leak ?