• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Wendy the white Micra

so here she is my new micra after the tragic death of noddy ( RIP getting crushed friday ;( )

anyways onto what ive done in the last 3 weeks of ownership, ima skip the boring part and just show pictures of its progress with minor explanations of whats going on cuz i know you all like pictures :p

so here she is in stock form lets just say that didnt last very long :p
U6bmiPW.jpg

Q6wsbYQ.jpg

lovely isnt she?
shame about the broken plate anyways moving on :p

about a week after buying her and driving her all the way back from donnington park i had put a fair few miles on the thing and decided it was time to paint the grilles black since i hate chrome, also installed the jap plate i bought since the current plate wouldnt have passed an MOT.

9lACR9q.jpg

then came the interior mods, a little paint here, and a nice new shiny knob.

Z7FlO76.jpg

i then went to a meet in doncaster and met Josh who used to own a red 1.4 and before that a sr, he ever so kindly took me back to his place and handed me his old sr tailgate handle which im still ever so greatfull for, thanks josh ;), lets just say we had some fun that night.

f6BKuPS.jpg

(damn dat booty)

moving on..

i accidently hit a pole at 5mph whilst avoiding a van who had jumped the lights, i didnt think to look at the plate and it was only cosmetic damage i can fix that ;)

euN1xJq.jpg

all fixed :D

znVm5zE.jpg

ofcourse its not perfect but whats the point in making it perfect gotta show off those battle scars :)

i drove around like this for a day before hating the sight of that primer patch and went all out with the £1 primer and paint from poundworld, i dont think it came out too bad :)

h2Hzzkj.jpg

drove around like this for a day before deciding that it should be mirrored for better looks and so this happened aswell

LAdT91K.jpg

and finally we make it to today where i got myself some new headlights due to the old ones having a hole in them the size of a pea, im geuss stone went straight through it cuz you can hear a ratteling sound when you shake it :p

mZqbOca.jpg

aint she just purdy.

i also painted my micra emblem on the back gold but ill get pics of that tomorrow when i pick up the gromet to do my rear wiper delete.

shes a clean little car considering i only paid £245 for her (ebay ftw) she drives great with only 67k on the clocks and is clean as a wistle less rust than my last one which was a minter aswell :p
just a few little dings in the body work one with some rust but nothing i cant fix with a cheap can of primer and some body filler at hand.

i have a feeling this one will last me longer than noddy, ima try to not role this one either xD

more to come soon....

ISo today was eventfull got my footwell lighting all hooked up and they are nice ill get a pic later when its dark enough to show properly, and whilst i was the wiring loom decided to fix my tailgate so i can finally say its ready to pass an MOT in june, turns out the loom had snapped off completly which looked daunting
xVEul5m.jpg

I then decided **** it save some pennies and fix the bloody thing

8bzr8zl.jpg

And it all works taped it all up and removed my rear wiper since my grommets showed up if anyone wants one i have 9 spare if you wanna pay postage they are yours :)

Also installed my k11krew sticker :)

SzS0Hch.jpg

and today my window banner arrived so me and my mate installed it and had a little photoshoot in my local area :)

i ordered a speedhunters katakana sticker from their website and a 2mx40cm strip of matte black vinyl from ebay

first we peeled back the window surround and layed the black vinyl on then put the trim back around the edges to have nice edges :)

KcPDqjW.jpg

then put on the speedhunters sticker looks awesome :p

SXwNMBz.jpg

and now some photos of the finished thing :p

45qenwn.jpg

cBaYdym.jpg

NSTvO0N.jpg

ALLASlF.jpg

CH6fQTy.jpg

So yesterday i had the pleasure of stealing joshs sr seats out of his micra 1.4 which is for sale :p they look good in the white micra :L

bKbpwqs.jpg

pChkhrV.jpg

And also the speaker parcel shelf so now i got some banging bass since he uprated them a while back :p

FZf3zWB.jpg

Ok so some new things have happened since i last posted here i found out my passenger side wishbone was bent in the crash and was out by 2cm whoops
Gm3g3wX.jpg

So i ordered a new one off ebay £22 free shipping :)

So whilst waiting for that this weekend i resprayed the scuffed part of my front bumper

Was too windy outside to paint and cant fit whole car in my "paint booth" so i decided to dismantle the whole front end to get it off xD

cQwJ6Qw.jpg

Before:
ltzwpZj.jpg

After:
I6OVW2L.jpg

Also put my pet panda in the rear window between my new speakers :3

0EqjJNB.jpg

And today i finally got my car up on the ramp at college to swap this wishbone which arrived within 24 hours :p got all the bolts out fine except for the damn balljoint due to a broken split pin i spent 30min with a tiny hacksaw cutting the threads off the balljoint
Hbizqxa.jpg

Anyways the new wishbone had all the bushes and a new style balljoint preinstalled so didnt have to worry about those and i got it put on the car and tracked

Ooooh shiny new parts (*˘︶˘*)
MNXjx3t.jpg

Anyways thats all ive done for now just gotta save up for the next upgrade but they will be shiny and new aswell i promise :p

Back