welcome to the turbo forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
welcome to forced induction.

most of us can only dream, some of us get 99% there and bottle it at the last minute :wasntme: :wasntme: :wasntme: but there are some that go that extra step into producing fire breathing, tyre shredding, tarmac snorting "saxo beating" micra masterpieces.

this section is for turbo charged, super charged or nitrous injected beasties.

please can we have a description of the car (in parts wise and modifications) and with pics too.

im sure there will also be a thread with different ways of achieving a turbo setup.

so davey'c, nis, nex, solarice, jason, etc post away...

Firstly thanks to Kristian for thinking of this good idea of a forced inuction thread and thanks to kev for putting it up.

As you all know i have done the CG10DE turbo conversion, some of the reasons for this was the insurance and i have the choice to upgrade internal parts to make it a CG13DE turbo :)

Only issues my tuner had with this conversion was the fact that he never did a micra before as he does all major jap peformance cars and its threads like this that gave me knowledge to pass onto him and make the converison more clearer, his words was 'it just such a great little engine and such a simple setup wich works great'.

Hope this information is useful for when u are thinking of turbo charging your CG10DE and if you require anymore detailed info such as the compression rate then please reply on this thread and i can answer your question, but some things may be the same as the cg13de conversion so anyone else with a k11 turbo conversion can easily answer them.

Pictures:
DSC00276.jpg

Themicra001.jpg

Themicra066.jpg

Themicra067.jpg

Themicra069.jpg

Themicra072.jpg

Themicra076.jpg

Themicra077.jpg

Make and model:
1994 K11 Nissan Micra Tropic (998cc twin cam 16v-CG10DE)

Engine Modifications:
Full engine rebuild
T20 Turbo bolt on kit
Down pipe
GA16 injectors
CG13DE Cams
CG13DE Pistons
Front mounted intercooler customized to fit
New cam chain
Oil Catch tank
Customized battery tray and smaller battery
Denzo iridium spark plugs
180SX Fuel pump
Nismo engine mounts
Custom made paddle clutch
oil catch tank
oil lines
induction kit to suit setup
colour coded rocker cover
G-reddy emanage blue ecu
Alloy piping and samco hosing
De-cat
Janspeed mid section
JDM imported rear silencer

Handling Modifications:

Spax vrx coilover kit with adjustable camber
Omp front upper adjustable strutbrace
Whitline rear adjustable panhard rod
Standard micra brakes (Almera n15 setup waiting to go on)

Exterior modifications:

K12 factory bodykit (Sideskirts-corner splitters-arch trims)
Ibiza gti rear splitter
K11 Super ‘s’ rear spoiler
Front bumper smoothed with grill cut out
Rear bumper smoothed
Front upper grill modified to ‘open mouth design’
Tailgate smoothed and de-locked
Blitz vision alloy wheels fitted with 195/45/r15 tyres

Interior modifications:

80% stripped interior
Cobra clubman bucket seats in black vinyl
Color coded parts of dash
C13DE raised gear surround
Carbon fiber door cards
Gear and handbrake gaiters
Auto gauges (oil-water-volt-boost)
Sparco 4 point harnesses
Door handle and winder sprayed black
Omp steering wheel and boss

Cost of turbo conversion including buying all parts and the labour and setup was £3500

total cost of everything so far is £11,000

Wow, your turbo sits differently to mine yet you haveve routed the intercooler piping in the same way.. good stuff....

couple of things..

What boost you running?
BHP?
Torque?

hows it coping with the standard Radiator..

Mine seems fine with it...

lol dude i forgot to mention that i havent picked the car up yet but tmorow i go and get her. I wont know anything till i see alan jeffreys tomorow.

Nice start to the thread there micra.jas, I will get together a few specs and pics tomorrow and post up mine, although I have never done a spec sheet for it yet lol :/

James.

Attching it

Cheers. How did you attach it to the air intake of the engine? Does someone make a manifold or do you just bolt it directly to the carbuettor? I have a 998cc N reg K11 Micra.

Dude, its a throttle body not a carb. I aint being funny or nothing but maybe you should gain some basic mechanical knowledge before even dreaming of doing turbo conversion. An Alternative would be give your local tuner 3 grand to mount a turbo and hope he knows more than you.
Its not a dark art, but you need to know something!

I'm looking at doing a turbo conversion next year but need to save up the pennies whats a realistic amount of power to aim for (bearing in mind the car will be in everyday use) and also how much money should I be looking at saving (as I darent even attempt to do this job myself)?

well on a decent setup with some good management i would say 100/110bhp should be attainable but will be fast spooling and acceleration not top end imho since you have a 1.0.

I'm looking at doing a turbo conversion next year but need to save up the pennies whats a realistic amount of power to aim for (bearing in mind the car will be in everyday use) and also how much money should I be looking at saving (as I darent even attempt to do this job myself)?

do a 1.3 conversion or buy a 1.3, and do some good performance mods to it (exhurst, cold air induction, sports cams, skim the head ect). and you will see not far off the same power as a 1.0ltr turbo and will save alot of money, so you can spend it on the all important handling, and your car will be more reliable. enless you want the bragging rights of a turbo that is probably your best bet, back me up anyone?

quote from cisco

Turbo is by far the best bang-for-your-buck power up. All depends on what you want. You can't beat the sound of an NA car etc. There's just something about NA that is really nice and unique I agree, but you will pay a lot of money for any substanial kind of power gain, and it will never produce the same torque as a turbocharged engine.

But for a nice NA setup, I would go:
- datrats or JUN lightweight flywheel
- tomei cams
- fully programmable ECU (raise revs to 8000rpm)
- SR20 throttle body with adaptor plate (quads ideal, but hard to get outside of Japan)
- really efficient air intake
- small higher compression head gasket
- 2" press bent exhaust, 4-1 extractors for high revving power or 4-2-1 for more midrange drivability on the street.
- strip heaps of weight out of it :)

can this thread be kept to introductions,
can questions please be posted seperately?

thank you

What type of exhaust elbow it is on that picture? Sr20det? Ca18det? Ca18et?

And what is this manifold? Bolt on? Thanks

Themicra069.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back