Welcome to the new forum software!

James

Chairman
Well we've made it! We're now running a brand spanking new forum software!

You may notice a lot has moved around. While I appreciate this is a bit of a sudden change, please bear with it; you will find this software to be much cleaner and much quicker than the last one!

There are a few things outstanding which I am working on and hope to resolve tomorrow.

If anyone notices any bugs or something that shouldn't happen, please send me a message or reply to this thread!

Enjoy!
James.

Things on my to-do list:
  • Tapatalk re-integration DONE!
  • Thread permissions (if you can't see stuff you think you should please send me a message) - POSSIBLY DONE
  • Forum permissions (if you can't post stuff you think you should, please send me a message) - POSSIBLY DONE
  • Theming - this will be applied over the next few days to provide a more customised feel
  • Smilies - these still need importing and I will be working on this
  • Other features, such as the Arcade. ETA Unknown.
  • Also, the built in blogs system has been removed, it was very clunky and not very user friendly, so please use the Blogs section in the appropriate forum.
  • ArrowChat chatbar
Things noticed by members:
  • Email notifications not working - FIXED
  • Permissions in forums - MOSTLY FIXED

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
The avatars are a bit oversized and so look a bit blurry.
(I'm french after all, I have to be the guy who is always complaining eh?)

Seriously, looks sick overall !:cool:

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
nice move.
hope to be able to flip threads back to front-in my settings,so the latest post shows first when that threads clik'd on

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Tapatalk should be back Karl, and I'll look into the email notifications as I've already had a few!

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Looking good James :). Agree the blogs could go, it was clunky at best.

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Looking good James :). Agree the blogs could go, it was clunky at best.
Cheers :) I still have all the content from the blogs, which I will make available later on and allow people to grab anything they might have added!

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Hmm odd, I'll look into that!

New header for meets section and homepage:
mscjae.jpg

k11_whore

Steve :)
Okay this is weird I'm locked out of everything nearly,I can view the topics but the threads inside saying I don't have permission even in the tuning k11 section

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
looks really good James, I really like it! Slick and modern! could do with moving the banner picture up a bit so more of my ol Cabriolet can be seen, mind ;)

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Okay this is weird I'm locked out of everything nearly,I can view the topics but the threads inside saying I don't have permission even in the tuning k11 section
I'll look into it for you, it shouldnt be a massive problem :)
looks really good James, I really like it! Slick and modern! could do with moving the banner picture up a bit so more of my ol Cabriolet can be seen, mind ;)
I'll see what i can do lol :p

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
wouldnt mind the option to have a choice of dark background, and light/white writing

apart from pics,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,choice of light colors or white writing,,,,,,,maybe have a choice of turning screen brightness down then,,ALL due to yourself

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
wouldnt mind the option to have a choice of dark background, and light/white writing
I had a little play on my iPad, how does this look?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328230968.684603.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328230968.684603.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 478
OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
that looks very impresive,,,,,as option at least people could have choice
I've enabled it now, so you should be able to choose it.

Go to the bottom of the page and click on "MSC Default Theme (Blue)" and you should get an option to change it to "Dark" :)

If you find any bugs with it (like invisible text) let me know and I'll have a play around!

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
I've enabled it now, so you should be able to choose it.

Go to the bottom of the page and click on "MSC Default Theme (Blue)" and you should get an option to change it to "Dark" :)

If you find any bugs with it (like invisible text) let me know and I'll have a play around!

banging!!

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
I've just realised my picture has made it to the top of the page too! :D I feel awfully privileged! :D

Oh and something I've just seen with the 'Dark' theme, in the user preferences and editing personal details there is some invisible text which can only be read when highlighted - might be worth a look into?
I will send a screenie if need be!

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
And Stadik took one of my dear old 1.0 to make it's avatar :) (No problem)

Also back to the topic, the date/hour of each reply (on the left bottom side) is not very clear :)

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Not sure if anybody else has noticed but sig links are dead, and old blogs are dead - my turquoise LX blog has gone. Fortunately I have most of it elsewhere.

nice work on the forum :cool: i like it.

On the main section you see ALL the sections K10, K11 meets etc
normally you can click - or + to see or not see the sections you dont want to :)

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Not sure if anybody else has noticed but sig links are dead, and old blogs are dead - my turquoise LX blog has gone. Fortunately I have most of it elsewhere.
I am working to resolve this, there should be a redirect script installed, but it's not working for some reason, hopefully it'll be sorted soon!

normally you can click - or + to see or not see the sections you dont want to :)
I never actually knew you could do that! I'll see if there's a way that can be added back in!

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman

Now implemented :) click the [-] to the right of the relevant forum categories if you want to hide them :)