Weird starting issue...

Hi Folks,

I put 50,000 miles on my last micra over the past two years so thought it was time for a change... Upgraded from a '93 1.3LX to a '96 1.3GX :)

Its only got 15k on the clock, and all seems fine; drove 200 miles home in it after purchase. Since then I have noticed it doesnt start with the fan turned on in the car... Doesnt turnover or anything - just clicks. Turn the dial to 'off' position, try again and it starts fine...

Anyone got any ideas..? Please..?

Havent been here for a while and posted this in first 'general' section - it hasnt been mod approved presume because it was in wrong section....

Ah ha - thanks for that link :)

Might do some investigating for a short or some obvious heater problem before I invest in a custom ECU remap to solve it...

OK think I have sourced the issue... thought it was related to fan, but on a few more tries, realised I was also checking the gear position each time. Its an auto - and seems to need a firm push into P sometimes before it will start. Not going to let that worry me - I have a 17 year old car with 15000 on the clock - it looks like new and I am relieved there doesn't seem to be anything wrong :D

Ha ha ha!!!! my missus rang me once to say her micra auto would not start....yes, she did not have it in park !!!! Resolved over the phone, had a good laugh over that one.
Anyway glad your sorted.:)

Back