Weird Clunking noise! help!

mickey&me

Site Supporter
Hi all

Again I need a little advise on what is going on with my K11 Super S, Well as soon as i lift off in first gear by clutch, it starts clonking a few times then stops when i fully let go of the clutch and accelerate. It feels like a metal to metal noise and it happens nearly everytime i get to biting point and slowly accelerate. By the way i have done 98000 miles and changed clutch when my Super S was about 80000 or less cant really remember. Please say this is not a new clutch because i get charged about £120 for that!

Another problem i have is my brakes, they squeel a great deal and are very weak, and the thing is i have just changed the pads like 3 months ago with Ferado pads! sometimes i have to use the handbrake slowly to stop, thats how weak my brakes are at the mo! I have been to the garage and the mechanic said that one of my discs are badly damaged and i think he said both my calipers are sticking and said for good quality discs, pads and calipers will cost £150 and thats with me helping him, What do u all think? good price?

Thanks in advance

Could be the clutch release bearing, mine used to make some kind of sound and was due to that (cant remember exactly what sound it made, as it was a few years ago)

If your brakes are sticking then i imagine you are seeing poor economy on driving? How many miles to a tank are you getting.

I paid £33 for new discs and pads, cheapy ones, and replaced them myself.

But if your calippers are cream crackered, then best get some new ones, this may be an opportunity to fit bigger brakes from an Almera or Sunny

If it is the clutch realise bearing would i need to change the whole clutch, maybe while that is being done i can but a lighter flywheel for the 1.0 k11?

Yes my fuel economy is c***, full tank about 180miles and its been like that since i bought the car.

Well i do my brakes myself and they have always been so so weak, think its best for me to go for the whole calipers, discs and pads changed. What about the almera sunny brakes? will the calipers fit? straight fit? better brakes? better then the soggy gti-r conversion?

Frank: Engine mounts! im getting scared now! but the noise only feels as though its in the middle of the car and plus the engine bay looks solid, i dont see now rust at all!

Engine mounts would be the rubber perished so no rust to see. mine did it and the engine dropped about half an inch!

Well ill be going done the garage soon to get it checked, soon meaning after mid may because my dissertation an group project is top priority! and plus my Super S is my only transport and another thing is money problems until mid april! what the flap can i do?!

If anyone has more info about the brake calipers, pads and disc which are better then the micra (im talking about the sunny/almera brakes) Which am i looking for and where can i buy brand new if possible?

And plus how much would it be if my engine mount rubbers are perished?

Thanks all again in advance, you guys and girls are brill! (Y)

Back