weber 34 ich setting up?

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
anyone know exactly how to set up these carbs? any of the oldie members still have the instructions for these?

any little tricks on getting these setup right?

thought i'd ask mainly because there is another member with a sunny weber on the way so will help him set his up at the same time

im planning on running with the ecc ignition system still in and running so wish me luck :laugh:

as long as mine runs then i'll be happy and then start pulling out the jets and changing them to gain a better afr ratio

OP
OP
Fordy

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
ecc is fine ive not had any problems with it yet and i dont see why people are so anal about getting rid of it, i think im the only one pushing the ecc to its limits on here so why should i change that now :laugh:

OP
OP
Fordy

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
ive not got first hand experienced so cannot say

some one must know how or have the orginal instructions for these carbs come on speedle your a oldie you must know :laugh:

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
thought i'd ask mainly because there is another member with a sunny weber on the way so will help him set his up at the same time

yer my sunny weber arrived today, looks quite dirty so at the weekend i think i'll strip it all down and clean it out. then just the small matter of fitting it and tuning it :(

OP
OP
Fordy

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
bob can you drop me a email or pm with some details into who and where you get your weber carb parts from please

OP
OP
Fordy

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
I've just ordered a service kit for mine from there they seem a good company.

same here :laugh:

i know of a place in peterborough with a rolling road and they work on weber carbs so i'll see how much they want to recon and rolling road it for me

Micra 110

Site Supporter
anyone know exactly how to set up these carbs? any of the oldie members still have the instructions for these?

Any help at all?

MIXTURE ADJUSTMENTS ICH 34

1. Start engine and maintain approximately 1200 rpm until normal operating temperature is attained and the choke can be fully returned.

2. Set engine idle speed to approximately 850 rpm, by adjusting the throttle stop screw.

3. Adjust idle mixture screw to obtain the highest engine speed.

4. repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary so that the highest attainable engine speed by adjusting the mixture screw is 850 rpm.

5. The final adjustment is made by turning the mixture screw approximately half turn clockwise to weaken the mixture and so obtain the exhaust emission value of CO 2.5-3.0% Vol. The engine speed should now stabilize at approximately 800 rpm.

Speedle

Ex. Club Member

any little tricks on getting these setup right?

im planning on running with the ecc ignition system still in and running so wish me luck :laugh:

as long as mine runs then i'll be happy and then start pulling out the jets and changing them to gain a better afr ratio

indeed mate ive setup several of these carbs, weber do detail instructions for the setup might be worth calling them to get them. i'd offer to come do it for you buts its a bit of a trek, i dont need to say this but DO NOT removed the ecc! the only thing that you should remove is the EGR which i think you have done already.

but in basic terms i set it up like this.

wind out the idle speed adjuster screw so its doing nothing, wind the fuel screw in fully then wind it back out about 1 and a 1/2 to 2 turns. start the car up get it to idle at about 900rpm once its at proper temp then tweak the idle to about 1000rpm (thats what the webber instuctions said tick over should be). its a basic way to do it but it works. ideally do this then get it fine tuned on a RR.

Any help at all?

MIXTURE ADJUSTMENTS ICH 34

1. Start engine and maintain approximately 1200 rpm until normal operating temperature is attained and the choke can be fully returned.

2. Set engine idle speed to approximately 850 rpm, by adjusting the throttle stop screw.

3. Adjust idle mixture screw to obtain the highest engine speed.

4. repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary so that the highest attainable engine speed by adjusting the mixture screw is 850 rpm.

5. The final adjustment is made by turning the mixture screw approximately half turn clockwise to weaken the mixture and so obtain the exhaust emission value of CO 2.5-3.0% Vol. The engine speed should now stabilize at approximately 800 rpm.

thats good advice too but the 34 in the real world works best at 1000rpm tickover i found 800rpm to be a right pain when you put all the elecrics on at night as it then conked out all the time when stopping at lights

OP
OP
Fordy

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
got my service kit today and its got instructions with it on setting up the carb

just need a carb now so i can recon it and put it on :p

bobsp16

Site Supporter
Make sure you get the right size because all 34 ich weber carbs are all different,the 34 mean 34mm butterfly but they all have a different choke size and this is fixed and cannot be changed unlike other weber carbs like dcoe/dcd/dgv....34 ich have there choke size stamped on the side of the carb

34 ich weber carb for a k10 should have a choke size of 24 with these size jets in.

24mm choke
125 main jet,
f50 emusion tube
180 air jet,
50 pump jet,
10 pump bleed back valva

Dont go on ebay and buy the 1st 34ich weber you find because if you buy one thats from a larger cc size engine it will have a bigger choke something like 28 or 30 choke in and you will never get it to run right