waterpump & powersteering belt

So after faffing about trying to get the damaged belt off and reading a few posts on here I succeeded... My issue now is that the PSA pulley doesn't move enough to get the new belt (4PK725) over both the water pump pulley and the PSA pulley from the crank.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
S
New belt on... Can't get the belt to stretch far enough to fit in the last two bolts.
Is this definitely the right size belt?

Attachments

• IMG_20190717_140305.jpg
    IMG_20190717_140305.jpg
    955.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20190717_140346.jpg
    IMG_20190717_140346.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20190717_140313.jpg
    IMG_20190717_140313.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 162
OP
OP
S
So I built it up backwards but now I can only get one pivot bolt in because the belt is so tight it pulls the PSA to one side.
This is impossible with only two hands ?

And... I give up. Called a mobile mechanic as I'm going to end up shearing one of these bolts.
working on old cars is a pain

I used to blame myself for not being able to figure out seemingly simple things, until I watched a video of some australians working on a german car (in germany) moaning about rust throughout because things don't rust in australia

When things have been in place for a while they have a tendency to stay that way over here

OP
OP
S
working on old cars is a pain

I used to blame myself for not being able to figure out seemingly simple things, until I watched a video of some australians working on a german car (in germany) moaning about rust throughout because things don't rust in australia

When things have been in place for a while they have a tendency to stay that way over here

It was nowhere near this hard on a 1.3. These last run of K11 don't have an idle tensioner or anything, given how fiddly it is it seems like a step back in terms of design.
Going to take the belt back out and refit the psa pump properly in the morning and hopefully learn something from this mechanic in the afternoon.

It was nowhere near this hard on a 1.3. These last run of K11 don't have an idle tensioner or anything, given how fiddly it is it seems like a step back in terms of design.
Going to take the belt back out and refit the psa pump properly in the morning and hopefully learn something from this mechanic in the afternoon.
considering even bicycles have tensioners, definitely

let us know how it goes on when you know, no doubt the knowledge will save one of us

It's a twat with the pas tentionor and pivot bolts, when I did mine I couldn't get mine one so did the water pump pulley then tightened via the pas pump same as the alternater one,
Beats the cr12 them idler pulley are crap
Naa tbh it's abit of a pain but a simpler and more reliable setup tbh

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

OP
OP
S
It's a twat with the pas tentionor and pivot bolts, when I did mine I couldn't get mine one so did the water pump pulley then tightened via the pas pump same as the alternater one,
Beats the cr12 them idler pulley are crap
Naa tbh it's abit of a pain but a simpler and more reliable setup tbh

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app
Aye thats how I thought it should work which is why I'm so sure the belt I have is too small. My PAS pump moves maybe 15mm but no more and it wasn't enough to get the belt on.
Took the entire thing off but the belt wasn't big enough to line the pivots back up, even when someone else was stood above with a crow bar pulling it into alignment.

OP
OP
S
So final update, I figured it out but the belt is definitely the wrong one so I'm still having the mechanic come.
The pivot bolts at the bottom don't just need to be slackened off, they need to be moved out by ~1/2-3/4 of the thread so the entire PAS assembly can be shifted outwards and then forwards to slip on the new belt without it being pulled at an odd angle.