Water in the boot

samcsd

Ex. Club Member
I took the car to the mech today to check it over, you know make sure I havn't just been ripped off, and good news is I havn't! Bad news is that theres water leaking into the boot, I've found a hole on the bottom just after the seal but water needs to get in from somewhere first and I can see where.

Has anyone had anything like this before?

sam

baguete

Site Supporter
I took the car to the mech today to check it over, you know make sure I havn't just been ripped off, and good news is I havn't! Bad news is that theres water leaking into the boot, I've found a hole on the bottom just after the seal but water needs to get in from somewhere first and I can see where.

Has anyone had anything like this before?

sam

Have the same problem, its the insulation of the rear lights that dont seal properly...

dad had this in the modeo. you gotta get it sorted he ended up with mold growing as the car doesnt get used much because its just for towing the caravan. you gotta get silicone and take the covers off for the rear lights off and seal it up real good should be fine after that

pollyp

Club Member
any particular one, or both...

It completly rusted my spare alloy too, need a new one now

completely as in unuseable destroyed? or just surface rusty (wirebrush it)?

i've got a spare 'spare' tyre in me garage. where bouts ya based? if ur round north east i could drop it off on weekend for a fiver?

OP
OP
samcsd

samcsd

Ex. Club Member
completely as in unuseable destroyed? or just surface rusty (wirebrush it)?

i've got a spare 'spare' tyre in me garage. where bouts ya based? if ur round north east i could drop it off on weekend for a fiver?

It will do as a spare for decent few miles but not as a permanent switch

'preciate the offer but im in the middle of nowhere in wales (Y), should be able to get one from the scrappy anyway.