Water in rear light

Hello,

In my K12 I have recently noticed that condensation seems to be building up inside the back lights. The lights still work but it does make the car look a bit untidy and is starting to bother me a bit.

I was wondering if there is anyway to prevent this.

Thanks
Jake

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Micra Sports Club mobile app

There's been a fly in my light for at least the last 10 years, maybe longer, perfectly preserved in amber

If the bulbs are incandescent, put a brick on your brake pedal for an hour and it'll probably heat up and evaporate past the seal. If not, you could take it off, take the bulbs out of the glass and dry it out in the house, and then put it back together while the heating is on and the air is driest

Ok thank you. It is incandesent so will try with the break lights as I don't want to take it apart unless I have to.
I was thinking of using a heat gun but I think it may damage the light.

I've heard of people putting glass lights in the oven to soften the glue holding the front and back together, that's for painting the inserts not the moisture issue though - they can take some heat as long as it's gradual

Hopefully it will just evaporate out of there on it's own, but the bulb holder doesn't form a perfect seal with the clips and moisture does get inside eventually - it's when it starts to build up and have liquid pooling at the bottom that it's a problem because water in the lights can burn out motors on the headlights that tilt and it doesn't look the best in the mornings when you first go to get in it

In summer it's usually worth parking up in the sun and taking the bulbs out of the lights to let any winter air out, I usually forget, I actually remembered and did it this year but only because I upgraded my headlight connector to ceramic ones rather than plastic

Back