Water Cooled T3

Hi guys, need little help ere` as my Turbo is a T3 (water cooled) i want to use this function, has anyone carried out this on there turbo? also whats needed to tap into the waterworks to circulate the water around the turbos cartridge, any links to bits i will need from ebay if so, also pictures to any turbo you guys may have done to your car , need that help and idea!!

Cheers

J

how bout rerouting the TB coolant hose (if pre-face) to the turbo?
also keeps the TB & inlet cooler. will also need to remove the TB waxstat fast idle mechanism if fitted cos no coolant will flow through and get stuck on and they always seize anyway.

so coolant flows from this port to the turbo

dsc05646ck.jpg

and back to the return pipe via this

dsc05641y.jpg

i see what you mean pollyp, as what you showed in the picture, the wax stat, is that easy to take off? also would it affect the performance of the throttlebody in any way , ie cold start?
i was told possibly the the cold side of the radiator pipe would need to be sliced and fit a sort of like T piece with a pipe from there goint to the turbo and from the turbo straight to the expansion tank for exit! but to do that with a T piece there different sizes to fit the radiator pipe as i dont know the size of the radiator pipe,

cheers

J

draining from the turbo into the coolant tank will just cause constant coolant loss/overfill/overheat cos the system is enclosed and pressurised while the coolant tank is open end.

That is exactly what i thought too pollyp!!!!

Ill check that thread (thanks for that!!) , also just a thought pollyp, if i decide one time or another to get hold of a new Throttlebody, couldnt i just get a brass/metal T piece and tap into those water pipes that goes to the throttlebody and route it to the turbo and back again to the return pipe of the throttlebody via another t-piece? and this way the new TB works as normal with wax stat rather than taking off? if that makes sence?

link below of T piece im talking about!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRASS-BAR...ng_MJ&var=&hash=item20c057e07c#ht_1113wt_1091

cheers

J

could do and its up to you but my preference is to just remove that waxstat mechanism cos its a really primitive tech, they will always eventually seize and the IACV does exactly the same job plus more.

Back