Water accumulating on rear floor

Hi all,

I have started to get a substantial amount of water leaking in to the drivers side rear footwell. All the other footwells are dry. Any ideas on what the cause might be?

Thank you

IMG_20180412_162114060(1).jpg

My 2001 micra have the same problem some weeks ago, i desassmenbly all the carpet floor and found some hole missing glue or something, don't know if the water came there because it's a little bit wired the water coming from there, but i put more silicone on that hole and don't have water until now
(sorry my bad english)

andy

Ex. Club Member
yes it is

rear sun roof drains into the sill, and sill drain holes will be blocked, easy fix,
remove rear inside panel, below the rear side window, put ya hand in, and feel around where the wheel arch is, you should be able to feel the pipe, get some smaller bore pipe to push in the end to extend the sunroof pipe, drill a hole in the sill from underneath, paint the bare metal, then poke the pipe through the hole and cut to length,
do both sides, there is also 2 at the front, 1 either side in the front pillars,there for the front drain pipes.

hope this helps

rear sun roof drains into the sill, and sill drain holes will be blocked, easy fix,
remove rear inside panel, below the rear side window, put ya hand in, and feel around where the wheel arch is, you should be able to feel the pipe, get some smaller bore pipe to push in the end to extend the sunroof pipe, drill a hole in the sill from underneath, paint the bare metal, then poke the pipe through the hole and cut to length,
do both sides, there is also 2 at the front, 1 either side in the front pillars,there for the front drain pipes.

hope this helps

Easier & a lot less work & hassle to simply avoid buying Micras with sunroofs? :cool:

OP
OP
ighhh

hope this helps
Thanks for your reply! How do I remove the rear inside panel?

Confirm & clear the sill drain slots with non-metallic probe such as lollipop stick as shown highlighted in the following pictures. Drain slots , three or four each side, about one millimetre wide by five mil approx. are located in the lower seam joint between the inner & outer sills where the seam expands or bulges a little. Quicker easy solution. :cool:

Refrence; https://www.google.com/search?q=Pic...AhWoAsAKHRI4DsYQ9QEILTAB#imgrc=S0cYM2kle6lA-M: