Washer problem

Hi

My 98 1.3gx has developed a fault whereby neither of the washers are working. No sound, but as they have two seperate fuses, which are both ok it does not look like a elec supply issue. Does anyone have any ideas where the problem is(not tried a meter yet, but will). As some will be no doubt aware taking the washer bottle off to get at the pumps is no fun, espcially with my fingers. It seems strange that both seem to have failed at the same time. Any ideas? Thank you.

pollyp

Club Member
the one motor pumps for both front & rear washer jets. the front left & right jets are taken from the same source.

getting to the motor is a simple case of remove front right wheel, remove plastic wheel lining, place bucket underneath to capture all the wash fluid, unplug the washer pipes going to the motor, pull the motor up and away off the washer tank moulding, unplug the connector.

usually two issues with the k11 motor design:
  • the motor graphite bushes tend to wear down to the metal prongs if its been used excessively throughout its life which leads to intermitant/loss of contact = failed motor
  • the rubber shaft seal often fails to prevent washer fluid from seeping into the motor which eventually corrodes and seizes the motor

here I've taken one apart
http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-32#post-470480

and here I've swapped a totally worn motor bush for a better spare one
http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-35#post-480797

else just get a spare one from scrappy (test it works beforehand obviously)

Thank you Paul. It was the brushes, totally disapeared! In case any one else has a similar problem, I realise now mine has ONE pump which is switched to run either way depending on if its the screen or hatch that is being washed. One way valves take care of the flow as the pump switches direction.

I NOW NEED A PUMP AS NONE ON EITHER EBAY OR LOCAL SCRAPPIES, ITS ONE LIKE PAULS IN THE LINKS ABOVE, WITH THE ELEC CONNECTION AT 90 DEGREES TO THE BODY. PLEASE PM WITH AN ALL IN PRICE.

Regards

Nigel

Is the washer bottle and pump the same throughout the production of the K11?
Some folks report two pumps and PollyP says there's one pump.
Has anyone fitted a universal bottle and pump?