washer jets

not working.
bottle is full. motor is whirring, jets arn blocked as a tickle comes out how do i access the bottle to check if blocked?

I think maybe you need to take the front right side plastic wheel guard off? (like the arc cover) i think the bottles behind that, other then that this seems quite annoying, hope you get it sorted mate!

Scott

My name is Scott
Site Supporter
Yeah I think its on the drivers side behind the bumper. You could probably see it if you remove the arch liner. But might need to take the bumper off to get a decent look at it.

yeah that is best disconnect it under the bonnet and see if it comes out of that like its coming out a tap and then work backwards much better.... as the nozzles may be blocked...

thought id elabourate on what you said fank

If your car has front and rear washers but only one washer pump (You'll need to take the wheelarch trim off the drivers side front at the front edge) there is a shuttle valve built in to the bottom of the pump. It can stick or get filled with shi.. gunk!
A good rinse under the hot tap should do it.

If you have 2 washer pumps you have to see how far the water is reaching by disconnecting the hose at certain points, like Frank and Will mentioned. The Y piece Frank mentioned is a good starting point as the water in it freezes more readily than in the black hoses. The Y piece is a slightly smaller bore so its more easily blocked.

Another thing to try is, if the water is reaching the nozzles but still not spraying try taking the hose off and poking a match (or similar) into the part the hose fixes onto. K11 washer jets have a small ball bearing that acts as a one way valve. Sometimes the ball bearing freezes then dirt builds up behind it sticking it in position.

Blowing them thru with an airline, in my experience is messy and ineffective.

sorry for the bump but does anyone know how to remove the panel. it's pretty urgent as my first m.o.t is due in a weeks time so i need to get this fixed. i have a 1.0 96 vibe k11. when i push the indicator stalk it doesn't make a noise but the window wipers work and the fuses are fine which makes me think it's the pump. didn't help myself any by putting plain water in it before the snow came :( i tried as said about about the "Y" section and i removed the hoses from the jets but still no water.

so basically if anyone has any info or pictures and how difficult it is to access the motor then that would be sooooo much appreciated ;)

Same problem for me. I can hear it whining

Had an MOT today, thought it would fail so I did one side this morning using a paper clip, poking it into the two holes of the washer jet

I tried it again, then after a minute some black gunk came out of the jet & now it's working 100%

Tried to do the other side at kwik fit while waiting for the MOT & the not tester came over & asked what I was doing & said leave it, I won't fail you on that

I'm gonna try the other side now

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
You can see it perfectly when you take the inner arch out. Mine did this for a while after the car was sat in the snow, but they've since rectified themselves.

superls

K10 Tuner
mine did this, its the crappy design of the washer jet its self, basically theres a light spring and a ball bearing in the jet that cats as a non return valve to stop it draining back to the bottle, that ball gets jammed, i took the ball bearings out of mine and had no problems since.

Is it difficult to remove these BB's or simple on off job?

BBs are easy to get out - just take out the non return valve and separate the two parts, the ball will probably fall out.

This isn't ideal though. The BBs are there for a reason - to make the valves non return valves, meaning water past the valve cannot get back to the bottle - so when you push/pull the indicator lever to get the jet you will have to wait a few seconds for water to be pumped up from the reservoir itself, rather than in the pipe nearest to the jet washers.

Anybody know where I can get new non return valves? Looked on ebay but there's no specific Micra ones, seen a few 4mm standard ones, will these do?

Thanks

Go to breakers yard and find a Vauxhall vectra. If you can find a scrapyard you will find a Vectra!:laugh:

They have perfectly sized non return valves on the passenger side bonnet hinge, trace the pipe back from the jet.

I seem to remember P10 Primeras (or was it N14 Sunnys) had similar washer jets to the K11 but with a Nylon (Non sticking) non return valve. Was a popular 'Modification' when I worked in Nissan dealerships!