Washer Bottle replacement

Hello

I am looking for a bit of advice please

My screenwash is leaking (I filled it up on Sunday Morning and it was empty by Monday Lunchtime)

I have picked up a replacement from a local scrapyard but now need to fit it.

I will be honest I am not great with cars and changing a tyre is the extent of my mechanical skill.

How do I change the bottle? Is it worth going to a garage?

All advice/comments are appreciated

Thanks

Hello

I am looking for a bit of advice please

My screenwash is leaking (I filled it up on Sunday Morning and it was empty by Monday Lunchtime)

I have picked up a replacement from a local scrapyard but now need to fit it.

I will be honest I am not great with cars and changing a tyre is the extent of my mechanical skill.

How do I change the bottle? Is it worth going to a garage?

All advice/comments are appreciated

Thanks
Hi mate.. If you haven't done anything else apart from the spare wheel changing then I would advice you to take it to the garage. To change the washer bottle it involves taking the front bumper off. To take the bumper its very delicate due to the weak clips near the headlights. Its very easy to brake n once its broken its kind of hard to keep the bumper together with the car body panel. Best of luck.

Hi mate.. If you haven't done anything else apart from the spare wheel changing then I would advice you to take it to the garage. To change the washer bottle it involves taking the front bumper off. To take the bumper its very delicate due to the weak clips near the headlights. Its very easy to brake n once its broken its kind of hard to keep the bumper together with the car body panel. Best of luck.

I disagree, last week I managed to swap the bottle pretty easy.

1. Jack up car and take off driver side front wheel.
2. Chock back wheels
3. Undo front most bolts/fasteners inside driver side wheel arch enough to pull plastic down out of the way
4. Undo driver side headlight connections and remove whole unit.
5. Undo washer bottle plugs and water jet pipes.
6. You should have access to the three retaining bolts that hold the bottle to the chassis so undo these
7. Remove washer bottle neck and bottle should drop down.

Reassembly is the the reverse of disassembly

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Headlight units are not the simplest thing to remove. Especially if the two inner captive bolts are abit rusted and tight, easy to snap the plastic if you havent done it before.

Back