Washer bottle pipe seal

Does anyone have a photo of how the filler pipe seals or attachs to the the wash bottle?

I cant see any decent photos online.
Mine looks to be leaking from the pipe or one of the joints on the pipe between filler and bottle.
If you fill it up, then once full it drops down a bit and water drips out underneath, looks to be leaking when nearly full.

I'm guessing access is behind the wheel arch, not had a proper look, but the pipe disappears under the slam panel somewhere.

Same problem, but waiting for better weather and removing the whole unit to see whats going on, probable perished pipe/seals, so better to renew all at the same time as its too cold at the moment and plastic wheel arch may snap when trying to gain access.:(

Hi, Yes I have ordered some new retaining caps for the wheel arch liner as usual these tend to snap or distort when trying to remove!
/www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-WHEEL-ARCH-LINING-SPLASH-GUARD-TRIM-SPRUCE-CLIPS-Clio-Scenic-Megane-X-10/190650181751.:confused:

OP
OP
V
Bumper off job, or at least half off on the driver's side:

water bottle.jpg

No easy way to reach it with the bumper in place.

Mine was leaking from the seal of the pump into the bottle.
Didn't have one to hand, so cleaned it and added a bead of instant silicon gasket on the seal as it goes in, and on the top edge of the pump pipe.
Fingers crossed that'll do it, if not then I'll get a new seal.

Thanks for the update, I am going to take the bumper off soon as I am going to change the cam belt/ alternator/water pump and radiator along with a new headlight whilst I am at it, then I will get plenty of access to remove the bottle and service the pump/seals and pipes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V
It's not a great place for the water bottle, at least in the engine bay it'll be a bit warmer and help it stop freezing