Washer Bottle - 2010 K12

Hi

New here, no long had my first Micra, and have encountered a problem need some help on.

My washer bottle seems to pour water out when I fill it up full (first time I've filled it since I've had it)

It still seems to retain some water, but problem as you guys will know is that you can't see the bottle to get at it to check the hoses are in place or if it's cracked or what.

Any advice on what it might be, or how to get at the bottle ?

Thanks in anticipation. N

Hello, the washe bottle is situated under the o/s/f headlamp. Access is gained to the bottle through the o/s/f wheel arch lining. Once you remove the screws and clips the lining can be pulled out then you can get to the bottle. It is most likely the motor seal or a pipe come off.

I had a badger bash mine at 60mph and it took the motors out, allowing all the washer fluid to pour out the bottom (*sigh*) I had to slacken off the wing, get the headlight out, take the wheel and wheel arch lining out, to put it all back in properly. Then had to do it all over again when I realised it had blown the bulb in my fog light *facepalm*

I disturbed mine when doing the alternator, total PITA of a job. It's quite possible it has come detached somehow and you'll notice it isn't the world's greatest piece of quality engineering.

Back