Wanted. Light stalk with front fog switch.

Or you can go for cheap but efficient wiring on the extra empty dashboard switch :
j92hcn.jpg

Ahhh so ill be wiring into a direct switch then? Ive already got the loom in my car for the fogs it came as standard so just presumed there would be a switch that would fit on my car.

In the SR the fogs come on with the high beams and not separately. In the older models there was the separate switch on the dash for the front fogs only.

In the SR the fogs come on with the high beams and not separately. In the older models there was the separate switch on the dash for the front fogs only.
Ok so I need to check behind the dash for the wires for this switch. Unless I plug the fogs in and see if they work on the high beams like the sr...
How hard would it be to run a switch for them? So I can have them on separatly for photos and such?

Ok so took some photos but am somewhat confused sr... and super s owners I need you :p
Ok so I have loom in the car from factory... connected to drivers side fog.
1370087468634.jpg

Passenger side it all gets confusing...
Passenger fog wire is the same as drivers side...
1370087547402.jpg

Then I have this taped to the main loom?
1370087592261.jpg

But nothing that resembles the drivers side... and am now stumped.

True, but not very convenient. Doing it the way I was talking earlier you can chose how you want to wire them.

Just get a universal fog/spot kit from amazon, comes with everything, wiring, switch, relay for about 8 quid. No messing then ;)

Ok so took some photos but am somewhat confused sr... and super s owners I need you :p
Ok so I have loom in the car from factory... connected to drivers side fog.
View attachment 23165
Passenger side it all gets confusing...
Passenger fog wire is the same as drivers side...
View attachment 23166
Then I have this taped to the main loom?
View attachment 23167
But nothing that resembles the drivers side... and am now stumped.

So you already had those connectors on your car for the fogs? how far can you follow them back?

Just get a universal fog/spot kit from amazon, comes with everything, wiring, switch, relay for about 8 quid. No messing then ;)

Thats all well and good Ade but I really dont want to cut the fogs light loom... unless I get another drivers side one from the scrappie but there only on the higher end preface and iirc the facelift fog adapter changed.
I already have a wiring kit I just hoped I wouldnt have to do it this way...
1370088549995.jpg

Thats all well and good Ade but I really dont want to cut the fogs light loom... unless I get another drivers side one from the scrappie but there only on the higher end preface and iirc the facelift fog adapter changed.
I already have a wiring kit I just hoped I wouldnt have to do it this way...
View attachment 23168
That's everything you need there so just do it that way and ignore factory fog wiring, just cos it's there doesn't mean you have to use it :)

So you already had those connectors on your car for the fogs? how far can you follow them back?
Yh my micra was a nissan demonstrators car so had all the kit plug and play to show optional extras...
Drivers side cant go back anymore passenger dissapears into the wing following the loom. :confused:

That's everything you need there so just do it that way and ignore factory fog wiring, just cos it's there doesn't mean you have to use it :)
What I mean buddy is I dont want to have to cut the adapter of the fog wiring and ruin the value of them...
I know I dont have to use it but it would be nice to and less faffing with feeding wiring through the dash.

You could always make up the bit that is missing in the loom. There should be a relay for the fogs. if you can find that your sorted.

From that picture, it seems like theres a junction after the relay which provides + polarity to both fogs (+ comes directly from the battery). and fogs are grounded to the body. Relay switch is powered by the illumination and then grounding from the fog switch. If you can get one fog like to work (jugding by what you said the wire is there for one) then all you have to do is make a junction for + polarity to the other light and ground it.

You could always make up the bit that is missing in the loom. There should be a relay for the fogs. if you can find that your sorted.
Ill have a look now and see what's what.
Just a random question... do you think there will be the wiring for the switch in the dash?

From that picture, it seems like theres a junction after the relay which provides + polarity to both fogs (+ comes directly from the battery). and fogs are grounded to the body. Relay switch is powered by the illumination and then grounding from the fog switch. If you can get one fog like to work (jugding by what you said the wire is there for one) then all you have to do is make a junction for + polarity to the other light and ground it.
Mount them in series as such mate?

Ill have a look now and see what's what.
Just a random question... do you think there will be the wiring for the switch in the dash?

Because yours (like mine) is a later prefacelift, if there is wireing for the fogs its going to be like mine, were it comes on when you put high beams or flash. Id say if you can find the fogs relay itll give you an idea whether the rest of the wiring is there or not.

Have you fully connected up one of the fogs? does it when when you put high beams on or flash? if it does just do a junction.

I think the junction makes them in parallel rather then series (which is better)

Also if you find the relay, you can edit the wireing to the switching and put your own switch or do what you want with it

Also if you find the relay, you can edit the wireing to the switching and put your own switch or do what you want with it
Where am I more likey to find the fog relay mate... just been out and ive got a fuse for fogs so guessing I should have a relay can't seem to find it tho.
1370095040781.jpg

1370095059958.jpg

Im pretty sure i have a couple extra relays in my car :/

Have you had a look at the workshop manual?

Im pretty sure i have a couple extra relays in my car :/

Have you had a look at the workshop manual?
I have the relay box in front of the battery and the one that is just to the left from the front...
Got workshop manual out on my knee now not much help tho.

The second image is for facelift, but i think our loom is similar to that.

The relay will be under the dash somewhere if there is one. I cant find an image to say exactly where.

I guess looking at the diagram just follow the loom and see where it comes out.

The second image is for facelift, but i think our loom is similar to that.

The relay will be under the dash somewhere if there is one. I cant find an image to say exactly where.

I guess looking at the diagram just follow the loom and see where it comes out.
Ok mate ill bare that in mind... one more question?
1370097534290.jpg

1370097569998.jpg

Whats the difference?

Don't know exactly how relevant it is but I had the wiring in place for fogs but no relay. I had to put a relay in a spare slot in the dash fusebox, bitch of a job too! ;)

Don't know exactly how relevant it is but I had the wiring in place for fogs but no relay. I had to put a relay in a spare slot in the dash fusebox, bitch of a job too! ;)

I honestly agree with you. like i said my fuse box has 4 relays

1370095059958-jpg.23173

IM guessing that missing blue one, black is usuelly ignition?
I was just going to say this... is it blue or black Ade? Does mine look anything like yours? I guess it wont help really because ive still only got one connector that's a match to my fogs...

I was just going to say this... is it blue or black Ade? Does mine look anything like yours? I guess it wont help really because ive still only got one connector that's a match to my fogs...

Id say if you can get one working, then you only need to get a single wire from the other fog to the working on and you have both :)

My relay is just a generic black 4 pin one, it is only a switch after all, and that layout is different to in my facelift. Wish my relays were as accessible as that, I had to unscrew one side of the dash! :rolleyes:

Id say if you can get one working, then you only need to get a single wire from the other fog to the working on and you have both :)
Ok so tomo ill strip the dash out and look for wiring/block for a possible switch live and then a basic earth because I can't get behind the fuse and relay box to find where the wires go...

Back