Wanted for Mongol Rally

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Hey everyone,

I'm calling on your charitable sides now (i know you've all got 'em), for I really really would love to get some spare wheels and tyres for my journey.

I'd like to be taking 4 spares, i've got one in the boot already, so if anyone can get me 3x steel wheels with 145/80/12 on (dont care about tyre quality really), then i would be imortally thankful...

also, next time anyones taking off brake pads, a spare few pads would be good simply in the event that one of ours cracks and we're left stranded.

Finally, i'm after a new clutch so we dont end up with the current one giving up on us when we go off road. So if you can help with a new or used clutch I would be very thankful also.

Cheers everyone, visit www.turtleracing.co.uk

Mike

edit: I would actually pay for this stuff too, just contact me if you can help and we'll sort something out

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I have a brand new K10 clutch (nissan) if your interested PM me with an offer :), and some K10 front dampers. To be honest you perhaps ought to take some wishbones as well.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Get down a scrap yard or something mate. Bound to have a few bits and pieces going for grabs, especially if you offer to plast there name over your car in exchange for parts or a discount at least.

OP
OP
T

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
would 155 70 13 be ok i will let u have them for £30 if interested good tyress on them

Where are you exactly James?

Yeh I tried the scrap yard Arnold, they were being as unhelpful as possible. Refusing to keep me some wheels and tyres even though they blatantly get hundreds go through their system and get chucked in the bin every months...

I could get the brake pads from there tho, good thinking. They'd probably fit in my pocket too for their unhelpfulness ;)

And dont tell me that Ed :S its worrying enough not having spare wheels yet, I dont even wanna think about wishbones breaking etc... :down: I'll pm you about the clutch when i've asked my mechanic if he'll fit it for me. Or is it easy enough to fit myself?

Thanks guys!

butta

Kicked in the Member
got one 12'' k10 steel (with toyo tyre) in dudley west mids yours for £free if you can arrange collection pm me if required

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Or is it easy enough to fit myself?

Depends on your mechanical capabilities combined with rusty bolts! Battery tray out, remove the dizzy and you've got the whole area pretty much clear. Remove gearbox linkages, drive shafts (both sides) and gearbox mount. Remove the box, clutch is sitting there waiting to be changed :)

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Its easy. If you get stuck drive it up here, ill help you out.