wanted expansion tank 1999 1.0 micra

frank

Club Member
if you remove the tank, it spits the top inch of coolant out of the rad matt, then it uses that airspace as an expansion tank :)

I've got one spare if you still want it.
which engine and what age is the car as nissan are telling there is different versions
if you remove the tank, it spits the top inch of coolant out of the rad matt, then it uses that airspace as an expansion tank :)
cheers frank but my car is filling the tank some times its not loosing water it was bubbling in the tank after use ive changed the rad cap now the bubbling has stopped but the tank is still filling and draining back in to the engine and ive now noticed the tank is brittle as the plastic tanks go over the years so im thinking if i can get a new one and try to work out whats up with the car Ive had it pressure tested which came up ok there no oil residue in the water or indeed watr in the oil so It doesn't look like head gasket though I suppose it could be the early signs of it

Ive seen a new one on e-bay http://www.ebay.ie/itm/COOLANT-EXPA...arParts_SM&hash=item3385ade6cd#ht_2892wt_1386

says its
COOLANT EXPANSION TANK BOTTLE NISSAN MICRA K11 92-02 21710-43B01

but the sticker on the bottle in the picture says to 1997 is this the case or are they interchangeable ??