Wanted Bosch Throttle Body

I need a Bosch type throttle body with or without the cooling pipes for a 1.0 manual in good working order,or if anyone knows anyone who has one let me know please,regards Dave.

dave100 said:
I need a Bosch type throttle body with or without the cooling pipes for a 1.0 manual in good working order,or if anyone knows anyone who has one let me know please,regards Dave.

if you are having trouble finding one then go for the primera Ga16 one, much more common

Bosch throttle body

Thanks for info,do you mean the air mass sensor is the same that will slot into my body from the Primera GA16? regards Dave.

Bosch throttle body

Hi,thanks for help but its definetley the Bosch type i need,not sure if the later primera will do unless the flow sensor is Bosch, pre 2000 models are different i think,I'm told an Almera N16 type insert will do,looking into that.Alienfish where abouts are you if you have one for the later Micra? I might well be interested if the Almera one is no good,my Dad has a later shape Almera so worth a try,Ive bought the security tamperproof torx tool to get the darned thing out off e-bay,ta again for advice,Dave

Dave I know somone who would probably be willing to swap your broken one for a working one + a bit of £ if your interested.

the GA16 ones are made by hitachi but they should be a straight swap.

the air mass meter is not compatible with the micra ones but any air mass meter from a micra should work. even if the make is different the wiring and signals are the same.

Ummm no,

The bosch motronic ecu will not work with a Nissan ECCS airflow meter.

Ed said:
Ummm no,

The bosch motronic ecu will not work with a Nissan ECCS airflow meter.

ah yea just realised this is the coil pack engine isn't it... doh!

ur screwed mate, lol. i'd take Ed up on his offer ;)

Hi Ed have answered in the other thread(general k11)will let you know if Almera air mass meter one doesnt work,reliably informed it will but nice to know you could possibly get one,ta Dave.

NeX said:
ur screwed mate, lol. i'd take Ed up on his offer ;)

er no people with out the coil pack engine aren't screwed nex as my way works and saves people over 400 pounds when replacing the sensor with a NEW one and might even be better to tune the engine with aswell

Bosch throttle body

Hi Fordy im interested at your idea for the air mass meter for the Bosch type although I'm trying an Almera one(insert) later this week which should work ok(post 2000 n16 type)I hope! lot cheaper than a Nissan throttle body as you say and less faffing about,regards Dave.

i think ed does it the same way as me anyway so either almera or terrano will fit just make sure if your one has a resistor like bit in it and the almera one doesnt you need to swap it from yours into the almera one carefully as this is the intake air temperature sensor and might bring up a fault code if its not put in

air mass meter

Thanks again Fordy,I will watch out for the resistor,it sounds a delicate operation,is it a fingers job or fine nose pliers I wonder? regards Dave

its a little nose pliers job and/or a fine knife to open the 2 metal bits which look kinda like this /\ then to close them when the air temp sensor is in just nose pliers the \/ to /\

Bosch type sensor

Hi Fordy and all,I got the Almera type sensor today,you were right it doesnt have the resistor air temp bit so swapped over from my old one,it was a bit tricky but did it with fine nose pliers(and a prayer)Started the old girl up and it runs but I saw the engine check flicker very briefly then went out,blast round the block and drives ok I think but outside my garage ticking over it tried to stall once or twice but caught its breath everytime(just)I have noticed when swapping bits on this that putting a cold new component into a warm engine can seem to confuse it so will wait till its all stone cold and give it a blast later tonight and see,any more bother and I will have to try the other type you mentioned,The Almera is a pattern part job but the same part number as the micra just minus that very tiny resistor.Regards Dave.

Bosch air mass meter

Hi Ed,if you read this,ive added a post in the general section thread regarding the Bosch type insert,if you can get back to me about it,ta Dave.

Back