Want your opinion

Hi all, I bought another micra yesterday. Very low milage 1993 1.3lx the shell is beat up and I paid next to nothing for it. Blown head gasket which I will be investigating. Fingers crossed there's no cracks but I'm setting myself up for worst case scenario.

I pretty much got it for the gearbox, shafts, linkage and a load of other bits as spares. It was very cheap. Im curious as to whether you reckon the timing chain would be worth saving and any internals.

The strange thing about its fault is that although it has the common white plumes of smoke out of the exhaust (classic head gasket failure) it didn't overheat or use any coolant when I took it for a boot (on some private roads of course). I'm hoping it's something less problematic. I'm about to check oil levels but it was white smoke not blueish. I'm not that fussed but it would be nice to save it only 45000 miles

Look forward to some feed back cheers

Sent from my SM-A310F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

f7ae6a4ae7a1298ee220993102b45d10.jpg

b461c57f27ea00a884908be79530612e.jpg

Lots of stuff removed just got to get to the timing chains now, disconnect fuel lines and drain coolant. This is surprisingly fun, I'm getting the chance to clean up everything I'm taking off which is something I've wanted to do to the daily. Even if the engines rubbish It'll be nice to have lots of shiny bits to swap over.