Walboro 255 Fuel Pump fitting -------------------

Hi all, Need some help, ideas and pointers to fitting a Walbro 255 high rate pump, i have one to be fitted but its way small and thin to fit in the fuel pump bracket in the fuel tank to feed my engine for its turbo application etc, for the guys who have turboed and used this fuel pump i would like to ask how did you fit it in the bracket and into the tank, if any pictures are to hand i would greatly appreciate it so i could see how this is done..

Cheers

J

Fits the facelifts perfectly, I remember when I bought one years ago it was supplied with a foam spacer that wrapped around the body of the pump to take up the gap. You could try and get the facelift pump bracket? Can't say if it fits the tank though

here ya go alpina

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-36#post-482610

dsc05217x.jpg

Thanks guys for the input etc, one thing did occur to me as i did also thought of putting some foam or rubber stuff as shown in Pollyp`s picture BUT had the thought that petrol would eventually eat away the foam leaving the petrol contaminated and pump running loose etc.... unless im being over cautious etc?

Cheers

J

haven't experienced any issues at all with it and fuel & filters still clean

Thanks pollyp, also wanna ask you also with the Pre-Filter on the Walboro pump, does it reach the bottom of the tank meaning that it will syphon all the petrol to the last drop so to say or does it sit high and leaving a few liters of petrol tank?

Cheers

J

I used the smaller micra pickup mesh cos the walbro is too long.
the pickups inlet opening itself sits like a cm above the bottom so there'll always be afew litres left in the tank that the pump can't reach

I used the smaller micra pickup mesh cos the walbro is too long.
the pickups inlet opening itself sits like a cm above the bottom so there'll always be afew litres left in the tank that the pump can't reach

Hi pollyp, you mean the original green coloured filter mesh on the original micra pump? just swap over and done?

Cheers

J

Thats what I did ^^ and used the rubber retainer that came with the pump to wedge the pump into the carrier. Didnt have cable ties at the time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

i still dont understand why you guys need a fuelpump designed for 500hp cars tho :confused:
the stock micra pump was fitted to SR20 primera,s/serena,s and KA24 terrano,s etc
dont forget to upgrade the wiring J (and turn the radio up to drown out the pump noise too :D)

It's better to get a 96-98 pre-facelift or a 98-00 facelift fuel pump housing and fuel pump wiring, it's plug & play with sizes and wiring.

Back