vortecch fmu

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
It can work at low boost, however done properly it should be adjust depending on load. You will also need a MAP or a MAF sensor capable of reading boost pressure.

well i was thinking of about 5psi or there abouts. and iveheard that hot wire maf sensors burn out under boost

im best off with a remap really tho arent i. and how do i uprade the maf sensor as its in the throttle body.

im not sure if the micra ecu can run a map sensor but yes, you are best off with a map as opposed to maf, maf cannot read boost very well but map are made to messure pressure (boost). if the micra ecu can run map (which is possible as MAP and MAF send out the same 0-5v signal) then just disconnect the maf and install a map sensor wired into the maf sensor input on the ecu.

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
It won't run directly, you'll need a piggy back system, and you need a MAF/MAP capable of reading more than 1 bar.

The standard 1Bar maf sensor is 0-5v but a 3bar sensor is also 0-5v so 2.5v for example may be 0.5bar on the standard but 1.5bar on the 3bar sensor.

The best affordable way is to get an e-manage Blue, but there has been conversions done with Apexi SAFC but it's far from a suitable solution, but will work to a point.

It won't run directly, you'll need a piggy back system, and you need a MAF/MAP capable of reading more than 1 bar.

The standard 1Bar maf sensor is 0-5v but a 3bar sensor is also 0-5v so 2.5v for example may be 0.5bar on the standard but 1.5bar on the 3bar sensor.

The best affordable way is to get an e-manage Blue, but there has been conversions done with Apexi SAFC but it's far from a suitable solution, but will work to a point.

can ed not map the micra ecu?

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Yes he can, I think that he'd also have to install another MAF sensor capable of reading the boost pressure. Mapping the stock ecu is a much better solution, but you'd have to speak to Ed, his knowledge with regards to ECU's and Mapping is far greater than most.

Yes he can, I think that he'd also have to install another MAF sensor capable of reading the boost pressure. Mapping the stock ecu is a much better solution, but you'd have to speak to Ed, his knowledge with regards to ECU's and Mapping is far greater than most.

thats what i was saying, install another sensor (preferably MAP IMO) and get ed to map it...

but anyway, i think the answer to the origenal question is No:)

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Change the airflow meter to something more capable and you don't need to fit a MAP sensor. Stock ECU cannot read a MAP sensor (correctly) anyway.

Change the airflow meter to something more capable and you don't need to fit a MAP sensor. Stock ECU cannot read a MAP sensor (correctly) anyway.

could you recommend a sensor? would you not go with MAP then, what about if you were going to use a standalone?

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Various Nissan turbo's used MAF sensors, all you really need to do is find a donor, and there are also quite a few aftermarket 0-5v MAF sensors around.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Every Nissan turbo or non turbo uses a MAF sensor. You cannot just change them and hope it will work however. You will need to re-program the ECU.

As for standalone, you can use what you like, it really doesn't matter.

Ed