Volkswagen Polo

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Just testing the water make an offer if you want
Vw polo (I haven't touched it yet other than clean up the engine so it runs better)
S reg
1.4 petrol manual
Mileage 81000
Was red but previous owner sprayed it in white primer. (Not brilliant)
Bought it a day or 2 ago so havent got v5 yet
No mot (all problems resolved when raised an inch and 2 bits of welding to do, if I get chance I'll have it all done)
No tax but if I do mot I'll tax it

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Ive got a couple of pictures that I was sent before I bought it
1370063873968.jpg
1370063889145.jpg
1370063901242.jpg

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Ahh mate, am not usually a dub fan, but that looks like its been done quite well from the pics, no doubt a keen eye in good sunlight will tell the true story eh?

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Where it was sprayed it wasnt sanded down very well in places and haa come off. Like inside the doors. Places you can't see. But I'm just fussy

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
This has actually restored my faith in German cars. I like it. Not sure of the huge VW logo on the bonnet, but loving that show plate It's awesome.

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Its sat there holding all my micra bits. Think I might do something with it soon
Road rally car. Haven't done one in a while

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Ok so since max asked what I'm doing with it I've devised a list. However it has to wait until my k10 is up and running again and the nissanubaru is built

List is as follows
Tidy up bodywork (paint properly and carbon wrap the roof)
Some underbody protection
Spotlights
Turbocharge that 1.4 8v engine.. had a look on "clubpolo" they're very negative and unhelpful when people ask. So I'll be building it on here with the msc instead.
Might tell them too... wait for negative comments, cant be done, too much work, you cant do it... and I'll say I've put a subaru engine and 4wd system in a micra turbocharging a polo is easy work :p I love negative people I like to put them down and stand up for the little guyy

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I'll get another for that. My 2 K10s will always take priority.
Just didnt like the way they were with some lads on there looking to turbo their 1.4s... so I'll do it anyway with my community rather than that lot

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
It's because of negative attitudes most dubbers have, I can't stand their scene, that and most look the same
I'd like that twice if I could. Dubbers are lazy, if its not a straight swap it can't be done. Hence Dubs for Nubs.

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I had a look at this polo earlier... scratched my poor paintwork. Opened door.. rolled it back... got door slightly stuck on concrete post... wrenched and scratched it... pfft and?
Anyway I looked into the exhaust and manifold for a turbo
Also looked at space. Gauged it all up by hovering my t3 in there. So smaller turbo required.

It'll be sat on the manifold not hanging to avoid the alternator.
Buy steel plate. Cut holes. Weld on an oe manifold (minus flanges) upside down. Yes it fits... just the mounting holes

Source smaller turbo and crack on :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Procharger is just a centrifugal supercharger? So quad supercharged. That means you need 4 turbos hehe

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
When fast and furious made that part where he had his danger to manifold... then the floor popped off... I did wonder if they'd mixed it up with manhole and incorporated it to a car floor... special American people

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
just mentioned about this thread to a dubber flatmate and his first words were 'well that's pointless, why don't you put a bigger engine in it instead'...
'yeah but it would be so much easier just to put a bigger engine in it'...
I wanna help you build it now!
Because choo choo.