Views on quick fit ?

seanington

Ex. Club Member
I needed my car looked at because it was making a nocking sound.

Took it to my local garage who are cheap and good at what they do but theyre fully booked so cant even do a check to see whats wrong ... so i drive to quick fit just to get a quote seeing as they will do this for free

quick fit say i need a new anti roll bar, a new passanger suspension arm and a new CV. joint ... costing a grand total of £260 parts and labour

I take it to my local garage after getting it booked in asking them to have a look at it. They said my bearing was loose near side , tightened it and oiled my suspension and thats all that was needed

and funnily enough i was buying some brake pads to swap over my self before id taken it to be checked by local garage and i priced what quick fit said comming to £120 for just parts and the guy working at the auto parts store asked me why i was checking prices and he told me that quick fit apparently work on commision for getting more work ...

i've used them twice, once for tracking.. when i left the steering wheel was completely uncentred, and once to get some siezed bolts removed which they couldnt do..... i would never recommend them to anyone or ever use their services again. monkey organisation with poorly trained mechanics. at least in my experience. most friends and family have similar horror stories......

i do everything myself now that way i know its done properly

I bought my own tyres and went there with them. Worked out ALOT cheaper than buying them direct from themselves. I only went there as they were the cheapest place to balance/fit wheels & tyres.

Good point : Cheapest place around here

Bad points: now i know why they're so cheap!! The bloke couldn't get the wheel nuts on saying they're too stiff... Ever heard of copper grease?? Anyway.. so they're on. The car vibrates loads. I went back saying it was around 70mph and the guy said Kwik fit wont balance wheels over 70mph limit. I wasn't having that though. I went back the following day and got someone else to re-do them. One of the wheels weights had come off, but more likely, they hadn't bothered doing them in the first place.

Another complaint, the bloke himself said he test drove the car at "70" to see if the vibrations had stopped. Surely it's not his place to do so. I think he just took the glanza out for a jolly

I'd never go back there again.

A lot of the mechanics are idiots, and keep letting the apprentices loose with air tools.

But as I'm hoping to get an apprenticeship there i'm gunna say yeah great place lol,

All these big garages are rubbish, same as ats, small businesses FTW!!!

i hate all garages bar the one my uncle works at...(get work done for free on his luch break lol)

get this. when i had my brocks i took them to a garage to have them weighted up. i was stood with the guy on the balanecing machine. he then pourd brake fluid all down the backs of my alloys saying the weights wouldnt stick as it was to dirty (could have used a rag like) all the backs of my alloys had been stripped of paint and gone back to bare alloy...

as soon as the car went down the road at 30mph the weights came flying off.

its not like i carnt use a a wheel balencing machine..so next time iam gonna do them myself and let them charge me for using there machine.

like when you want to change somthing....then you reilise someone has been there before and buctherd it.

they just rip you off. and ruin your car.

but thats the way i see it. rather do the work myself or have someone help me.

I agree with everyone in this thread, only problem being there the only place with half decent tyres in my area so every now and again I have to use them.

they are dodgy.. when the local tyre place here burnt down the local kwik fit put there tyres up 20 quid each... so i went to get mine done in the next town instead lol

heres a little story

took my ex gf's car in for a brake check,told to come back 45 mins later,cool,so off i went(unknown to quik fit that im a fully qualified mechanical engineer) i got a phone within 10 mins,"hello,seeing as we have your car up on the ramp would you mind us undergoing a "free" safety inspection" my reply was obviously "yes", phone call 30 mins later,it needed the follwing:

front brake pads
front brake discs
o/s/r rear road spring(broken)
complete exhaust system
2 new tyres

the follwing was gunna cost me 380, he assured me it was all neccesary work, so....i mentioned on the phone that im a qualified mechanic so asked him to keep the car up on the ramp and ile be down in ten to have a peek

i arrived,had a look,right enough the exhaust had seen better days,but only needed a back box, brakes were getting down but by no means atthe end of there life, tyres we still legal!!!!!!!and aye the spring was broken

however...........

i had to point out to the lad that the n/s/r spring was also broken lol

i drove the car home,bought the parts myself and sorted it for 100 quid

quik fit prey on people who have no mechanical sense about them whatsoever, aye you can use them but be prepared to pay up,BIG TIME!!

Rubbish only use in emergency cases and even then if you carry cable ties these will usually get you 200yds further to a half way decent garage.

Cable ties fix everything, oh and insulation tape.

Random but hey

Personally i think they are a load of rubbish half the people dont know what they are doing and when i went there the other day to use thier air gun they didnt even have one!:p

I agree with everyone here, they're #### and ridiculously overpriced, but they obviously have a lot of customers otherwise they wouldn't be in business.

if your really desperate use em otherwise **** em i really think they are just spanner trained monkeys that know nothing about cars had to go back twice to get my wheels balanced!

All these big companies are the same, ATS charged me to do my tracking and didn't notice my wishbone was twisted so tracking was impossible. And they charged me an extra £5 cos it had power steering (which it didn't)

i use protyre near me its a large chain but the tyres are cheap and they chaps there know there stuff and have always given me outstanding service! if you have a protyre near you i'd reccomned them, there mobile tyre fitting service is also fantastic!

I've used them over the years. They aren't always the best, but they are good if you have an emergency.

In my case they were the only place I could get a Front pipe from for my Stilo. It was a real nightmare trying to get anyone to find a part number for it before I tried Kwik Fit.

Plus recently I had to get my suspension replaced as it was well and truly gone. Couldn't get anyone besides them to get the parts, all the local independents were quoting two weeks plus to get the bits.

So some times they can be good for parts but for tyres you are best off going elsewhere.

hugh did you try andrew page mate in southwick as they have every kind of car part stocked as the big companies etc order their parts through them and then charge you a little extra for them ordering them for you

Nope I didn't but will bare that in mind for future reference. At the time I've always needed stuff for the Fiat right away.

Back