Very strange

biglad

Ex. Club Member
I own a nissan 1.4 2004 .with keyless entery.
The other I went to work in my little Micra as usual and everthing was fine I arrived at work and parked up an locked the car by pressing the button by the handle the lights flashed to tell the car was locked ,I then started my shift .
8 hours later I returned to my car to find it would not open . Oh damn I had lost my keys and the car was locked .
So I got a collegue to give me a lift home .
Imagine my suprise that my keys were hanging up in the usual place at home and I had drove to work with no keys or remote fob .
Can explain this or had similar trouble ?:confused:

Got two keys the spare, is in the car somewhere?
But that would mean you have got a push to start button in the car also...
I dunno....

Your An Alien...Simple Explaination :)

There is a button on the door that you press to lock and unlock the car :upside:
Yes I thought the spare fob might be inside the car so me and a friend tried to get it to do it again, but it won`t start with the fob being held at a distance from the car it just flashes the word key
I`ll have a good look around the car and see if I can find another fob ? :confused: I will let you know :suspect:

if the spare fob was in the car surely it would have started second time you tried i can`t explain this maybe you were just in range of the fob when you started it and it kept going somehow can`t explain how you locked it then though

i heard the micra was quite good at security with a very short distance needed between the car and the key for the wireless entry. Hmmmm, kind of weird, be fun too find out how this happened :)

I went back that night to pick my car up in wifes car with fob that was back at home .
I have searched the car and there is no other fob :down:
Gonna take it in to nissan and ask them.... also boot keeps opening now .
Oooer ! Maybe my car has become haunted :eek: Will let you know what they say .

if the spare key was in the car and you tried to lock/unlock the car by pressing the button on the handle it would alert you by making a noise. you maybe could have went back in the house and placed your key down??

I can suggest the key was in range when you opened and started the vehicle at your home address, due to safety rules the car CAN NOT cut out or stop if the key sensor is lost during driving conditions due to safety regulations and etc..

When you got to work and stopped the vehicle the key was not in ranged and therefore wasn't able to lock.

I would suggest to move the key to sopmewhere out of range as your car can be stolen very easy!

jason

Seems weird though, I have the keyless ignition and you generally have to be really close. For instance say you're at the right hand door, someone wouldn't be able to open the left door.

Back