Vents on dash constantly blowing cold air???

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Only noticed it this week, its probably been the same since i have had the car, no matter where the dial is set, the 2 central vents either side of the rear demist switch constantly blow cold air. all others work fine?

anyone else experienced this?

That's perfectly normal, cold air through the central vents, hot air to the side, screen and floor vents, (of which more goes to the driver's feet than the passenger's......but shhh!) ;)

Yes, I think it's normally, too, though I don't like it :D ...I heard somewhere it's to prevent microsleep of a driver...?

Perfectly as it should be. I much prefer this kind of ventilation - I love having warm air blowing on my feet and a gentle breeze of cool/cold on my face. My old W123 Mercs were the same, only sometimes you had to turn the heater down because your feet were cooking :)

ahh, i really need an owners manual :D was hjoping it was a problem because i have a very annoying rattle in the dash around that area, and i was hoping this would give me a good excuse to rip the dash out :D

reason for blowing cold air at front vent is cos if hot air blows it can make you sleepy or drowsy whilst driving which may cause accident, law rules, my old BMW Alpina blew hot air thru the front vents but that car is like 30 years old classic so there were no rules or laws on that..

J

Any air vents are going to be a potential sore point with me :eek: Outer 2 will be obscured by the roll cage bars and the whole fan box will be an interesting workaround with the central bulkhead being 3cm back.

Any air vents are going to be a potential sore point with me :eek: Outer 2 will be obscured by the roll cage bars and the whole fan box will be an interesting workaround with the central bulkhead being 3cm back.

Dont you hate it when that happens :lol:

reason for blowing cold air at front vent is cos if hot air blows it can make you sleepy or drowsy whilst driving which may cause accident, law rules,

if that is true that its ****ing ridiculous. again some clever person in the office is giving you something you dont want.

if i want cold air so i dont fall asleep i will open a window a bit. if i set the heater to war then that is clearly what i want.

Dont you hate it when that happens :lol:

Hehe, both yes and no. No, as we have a heated front screen and maximizing cold air to the throttlebodies is main goal. Yes, because having heat in the car is a real bonus, so worst case I will have the heater matrix in there and the fan box assembly just blowing air into the cabin un-ducted with the central heater box removed. Funky but doable ;)

Will see what happens when the car is back from Matt's I guess.....

Blimey, it is one feature I really really like on the Micra, not many (if any) new cars have this brilliant feature, it is a bonus trust me.

You know i was wondering if mine was the only one that blew cold air but it appears not! Thats actually quite an interesting feature . Learn sommat new every day :p

Loool, i went for a drive an hour ago and played around with the front air vents, i did notice slight warm air coming thru but nothing real cold.... i just keep them off and use the foot selection for hot air, i also notice if you select the foot and the front windscreen you get warm air from the very small vents on the sides, that may help as it blows air direct but cannot be adjusted of course...

J

Am I missing something?. The central vents have ambient temperature air through them, the side vents have heater controlled air through them. The small vents are to demist the side windows.
Dont like cold air coming through in this weather?, turn the vent off, it's the little thumbwheel by the vent.

Roger.

Back