Vented Disks HELP

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Hey guys, looking to convert to vented disks on the rally car.
What year and model Almera calipers should I be looking for?
Front? They all fit, although there is a caliper change in '98 and you can't get greenstuff pads for the '98 onwards calipers. 1.6 and late 1.4 (don't know the year) have a 247mm disc and fit under a 14" wheel.

OP
OP
Jordan27
Front? They all fit, although there is a caliper change in '98 and you can't get greenstuff pads for the '98 onwards calipers. 1.6 and late 1.4 (don't know the year) have a 247mm disc and fit under a 14" wheel.
Thanks for replying! We're running 13'' wheels so are there any alternatives to the Almera calipers?

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
I have just done this and run 13s on the rally car, you need pre face lift n15 almera calipers, these have the bigger 51mm piston which improve front end braking. I think the years are 95 to 98, mine were off a 97, cost £18 each including p&p on ebay, discs where cheap at £22 a pair rather than the near £80 for micra vented discs. They are about 2mm less in diameter but nothing in real world performance. I used two washers to space out caliper carrier.

Imho a great upgrade and i can continue to use my preferred ebc ultimax pads, which although are quite soft and dont last too long one tarmac stage event will kill them, but they work very well and at £17 a set you cant complain!

on the 100nx calipers, what size washer would i need to have the calipers centralise for the disc? also any pix on the washers fitment by any chance?

Cheers

J

Shweeeeet, just need to clean up and paint me ole` 100nx callies and throw them on then!!! nice, i thought maybe washers were needed but all seems straight forward!! do i use my old carrier bolts for the 100nx caliper carriers? and also what about the brake line to the calipers, are they the same?

Cheers

J

Shweeeeet, just need to clean up and paint me ole` 100nx callies and throw them on then!!! nice, i thought maybe washers were needed but all seems straight forward!! do i use my old carrier bolts for the 100nx caliper carriers? and also what about the brake line to the calipers, are they the same?

Cheers

J
Everything just bolts up piece of pie :) hoses the lot

Are you sure about this? According to nissan4u pads are the same throughout the n15 production

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
100% sure. I have a set of ebc ultimax pads for 1.6 almera that don't fit my car because of the caliper change.

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
1380785424281.jpg

Left is pre '98, right is ,98 on