Vauxhall engine swap

Has anyone considered or looked into a small block vauxhall engine swap? 16v 1400 or 1600 from astra g etc, loads of tuning potential and a well proven unit, just got the idea and wondering was it done before

I don't understand some people you buy a micra k11 to rally in and you want to change the engine to a vauxhall engine which are unreliable so why didn't buy a vauxhall in the first place !! The Micra sports club is more about the cars engine, body and friendship. If your want to upgrade the engine you need to retune it fit lighter parts or change to engine to another nissan engine but not another makes engine, as it would be classed as a kit car not a nissan micra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peter0003

The old Vauxhalls built in the 80s & 90s, I'm sorry but I've never liked Vauxhall cars. Its mainly because when I first started looking for a car all the vauxhall were poorly made & I was told don't buy british, buy European so my first car was a citreon 2cv dolly 1986 model (11000 miles on clock) & kept it roadworthy for 27 years & final 187000 miles on the clock. Peter0003

Ok so what if Vauxhall had good engines like the C20xe , C20let series , I'm sorry but I still don't like vauxhall cars. Even after 92 years under GM's ownership, Vauxhall was sold to Groupe PSA in 2017. I may not know much about vauxhall cars, But have your tried any online quiz about car emblems because out of 20 questions I got 100% right

I have never driven a Vauxhall only a Citroën 2Cv 602cc & a 2cv speical with Rover v8 fitted. And then a Toyota Yaris 1400cc that I wrote off and now I'm on my second a Nissan Micra k11 1000cc 16v engine.

I don't understand some people you buy a micra k11 to rally in and you want to change the engine to a vauxhall engine which are unreliable so why didn't buy a vauxhall in the first place !! The Micra sports club is more about the cars engine, body and friendship. If your want to upgrade the engine you need to retune it fit lighter parts or change to engine to another nissan engine but not another makes engine, as it would be classed as a kit car not a nissan micra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peter0003
Wow !!!! So narrow minded!! The thing is in motorsport you are in different classes, and the lower cc's are very competitive, so you need to broaden your horizons as they say... the C16XE (corsa gsi engine) designed by lotus, with minimal modifications makes good power and is very reliable, the x16xe (corsa sport) same engine block as the gsi with slightly different intake setup ... thus chap has asked a sensible question being the vauxhall engine makes good power, light And reliable, and the k11 micra is a very very good handling car even in basic form so tbf its a good combination to build a competitive car... also many people on here run various conversions from other cars... Still makes them micra..... just saying ....

I have never driven a Vauxhall only a Citroën 2Cv 602cc & a 2cv speical with Rover v8 fitted. And then a Toyota Yaris 1400cc that I wrote off and now I'm on my second a Nissan Micra k11 1000cc 16v engine.
You really have led a sheltered life when it comes to cars. No matter how many emblems you know, doesn't mean you know about the cars.. and for the record 80s 90s vauxhall was at its best....

AH.K10

K10/K11
Lotus helped develop the z16xe and did too good a job. Vauxhall had to detune it with different cams, inlet and ECU so it didn't upset the sale of the bigger engines. Very good flowing head design and widely used still today.