VARIABLE VALVE TIMING K12 1200CC

i HAD MY CAR IN TO NISSAN FOR A DIAGNOSTICS CHECK, £95 THEY DID THIS THEN SAID THEY NEEDED TO GO FURTHER AND REMOVE THE ROCKER COVER TOTAL COST £195 result a problem with the variable valve timing we had the timing chain done at a local garage 5000 miles ago and they said they would need to strip back to the chain and remove it and it could also be a metal dowel that locates in a timing chain cog could have broke this has something to do with the vvtiming could I strip it back myself to see if this dowel is in place ie would I be able to see it by removing the rocker cover???? they also did a compression ckeck and number four cylinder was down slightly this could be due to the vv timing anyone else come across this problem??????.
regards
Lauro.

No but go to my website (micrak12.com) and click the last full stop on the page and download the ESM. It has full explanation of the VVT system :).

Guy thanks for your reply I have lost the code for the radio and on your web site you mention a calculator on line that can work out the code off the serial number can the serial number be accessed without removing the radio????/ and have you got a link to the calculator???? many tnks .
Lauro.

Just bought one of the quick change oil bungs with hose connection rappid none messy oil changes in the future!!!!!!! nice one I like your web site good work mate.
do you think the serial number could be in the owners manual other than that do I need to remove the radio to access the code????.
regards again
Lauro.

Back