Using a pipe to replace backbox

It really isnt as loud as you might think, in this video it shows my car with the same setup, as it goes past u can hear the sound, did increase power and cheap now use a full system though, excuse the two wheels :laugh:

Alex

I ran that setup for months, sounds sweet if you use small diameter pipe. I used a scaffold tube. Wasn't too loud with the cats in place and popped nicely on the downshift

the loss of back pressure wont do you any favours.

That's the biggest load of crap I've ever head on here. The backpressure of the manifold alone is more than enough

I found the only time mine was a problem was on the motorway cruising at 4000 rpm in 5th, the tone of it got annoying

I just broke my back box, snaped completely off the main pipe, couldnt even just bolt it or weld it back on, so ive had to buy a new one. Did it by runing of a raised slab on the ground, very anoyed, got a new one coming though from Mr Ecxhaust off E-bay 31 pound with delivery, new. Best i could find.

I'm very shocked at how loud my k11 is, and its quite embarising because i dont want it to sound like that yet till it has the power to prove it so to speak lol. Though the back box is still on there lol hanging off doing nothing lol so maybe the air coming out is half blowing into it making even more noise.

Back