Using a NATS ECU on a non-NATS Micra

baguete

Site Supporter
Hi, i was wondering, it is possible to use a NATS ECU on a non-NATS Micra? Maybe using the NATS loom (ignition ring, NATS box and key chip) connected to ECU to make it work?

Thanks

I saw these diagrams and did a comparison, the pins all match up, except for pin 26, used with the IMMO and unused on the non-NATS ECU. It is possible to connect the NATS loom to the NATS ECU and make it work the same as on a NATS Micra?

k11 wiring nats..jpg

Hi mate, i have that schematic. By seeing that, the NATS control box pin used is number 1, and i can only be a NATS Type5, see it here:

http://www.scorpio-lk.com/downloads/omega/NATS/Nats-Omega_eng.pdf

If its in that way, it doesnt use any control box, just uses the box inside the NATS ignition ring, all-in-one. Thats why i want a pic of it in the car to double check it. I think that the 1st Facelifts use NATS 5, and the 2nd Pre-Facelifts use NATS 2 (with simple ignition ring and a control box). Thanks

BTW, your ECU have "1U201" as part code?

my 98 slx ecu is 1U203

the small nats control barrel unit was hidden in the loom beside the heater fan motor and door hinge cavity area.

my 98 slx ecu is 1U203

the small nats control barrel unit was hidden in the loom beside the heater fan motor and door hinge cavity area.

Yours is an SLX, thought it was an SR. But its a similar part number as my SR ECU.

My 99 Micra doesnt have the NATS box, only a bigger ignition ring box (all-in-one). Do you have any pic of you control box? Its a Siemens part?

Back