usiing fuel ALOT

i put 9 liters in yesterday, ive done 10 miles and its used half of that already..!?

its had new leads and spark plugs, oil is new recently..

any ideas as its a joke.

Or one of your friends has secretly replaced your engine with one from a Bugatti Veyron for a joke - I suspect you'd have noticed though :laugh:.

If theres a leak youll smell it and remember petrol evaporates so there might not be any puddles. But if its anything to do with engines etc it could be the fuel regulator/lambda sensor. But then if its overfuelling that much it would maybe struggle to start and spit alot of black smoke

Check your air filter, they tend to be greedy if the filters are dirty. We once had a k11 that gave us 22mpg, and never registered above 1/4 on the temp gauge, turned out that it had the wrong thermostat fitted which was just letting full flow through all the time. Changed that, it rose to 38-40mpg.
Not sure if this is the problem with yours but if you have had a new thermostat fitted recently, might be worth checking.
Utherwise you might just have over-retarded ignition timing (had that problem too, setting it right made a big difference).

Check your air filter, they tend to be greedy if the filters are dirty. We once had a k11 that gave us 22mpg, and never registered above 1/4 on the temp gauge, turned out that it had the wrong thermostat fitted which was just letting full flow through all the time. Changed that, it rose to 38-40mpg.
Not sure if this is the problem with yours but if you have had a new thermostat fitted recently, might be worth checking.
Utherwise you might just have over-retarded ignition timing (had that problem too, setting it right made a big difference).

Either that or you have an extremely heavy eight foot. :D

on the 2 mile journey back from my mates house i just tried to average 10mpg (according to my ecu talk) and couldnt do it, so im still saying you have a leak

Back