Urgent help, error code 143

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
Hey guys

Really need help. Was about to go to an importan meeting just to find my car not working.

It started and after 5 seconds went off. Every time.

Checked for fault code and I had 11 at first. So swapped the distributor and throttle body. No luck. Until battery died. So I got my other micra and jump starte it and engine light still flashing but it's on and working!

Now the error is changed to 143. Checked the fuse for injectors Is okay.

I heard that it could be NATS but why is it working now (but engine light flashing) and different code. How can I test to see if it's NATS.

I'm getting irregular idle too. Not bad but not stable.

the light will flash if there is an electro/mechanical fault, and i think is usually on solid with a nats fault

Took the ring off and the lights back. Put it on and turned on and light stays but after a while there was a jolt and lights gone. Jolt again and lights back.

I heard a relay under the dash tick both times. Where is the NATS module?

Right this is really weird

I turn can on, CEL flashes at a quick pace but car runs okay besides the idle. Carry on driving and there's a single jolt and lights gone. Idle is normal. Runs awesome. After a while. It stalls while driving complete loss of power. Lights back on.

Ignition off. Then on and it's on again. Rough idle and light flashing but driving. Jolt, lights gone. Everything's fine again.

Any ideas what the fudge is going on?

Btw I tried this with and without the NATS barrel ring thingy. It doesnt do anything!!!!

If its P0143 its O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 3 which would be rear sensor, id assume.

P0011 btw is apparently “A” Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 1 which can be a few things.

If its P0143 its O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 3 which would be rear sensor, id assume.

P0011 btw is apparently “A” Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 1 which can be a few things.
thats obd2 tho kris :)

Thanks for the links frank those where quiet helpful

Though it seems the immobiliser problem has two codes 141 and 143. I've not had 141 at all just 143 which I saw as being injector fuse.

What does that fuse do? Took it off and everything was the same, car still runs flashy light. New Fuse ad same thing. Car runs and flashy light.

And as I mentioned earlier I took the nats antenna off completely and the car was no different.

Seems like nothing makes any difference :/, but I noticed te car was on idle - light flashing - and a small judder, a click from the fuse box and light was gone :S

it should,nt run with the injector fuse or nats antenna removed !
here,s another thread :) http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/k11-1999-gx-1-3-non-starter.29457/

My car must be special!

No but seriously it starts with and without the antenna. And starts with or without the fuse. (that is the 10a fuse in front of the batter right?) I even took the fuse off while car was running lol! I checked voltage but forgot the reading though I'd guess shoul be 12v?

Seems to be running but idles rough. Not seen any lights for a while. But now the tb isnt happy (suspect)

you usually need to give it a few runs for the waxstat coolant and idle control valve to settle

I did drive around a fair bit. The idle was rough but got progressively worse. Now it revs and stays at 1500rpm on idle. Remove the AAC valve and It drops.

While driving around its fine but occasionally it jolts as if it lost as regained power.

Back