URGENT! Drivers door won't lock!

Hello guys
Well ive just picked my new and first car up from Manchester and drove it 2 hours home. It's a 1.3 k11 Si.

The bloke said the centra locking doesnt work on the drivers side you have to lock it from the passengers side, and not to try lock the door on the drivers side as the key will jam up inside the lock.
So obviously when you lock the car you test the door youve just locked. Anyway ive just got home and my dad tried the drivers door just after i locked it from the passengers side... it opened.

I tried getting in and locking it from the inside but it just pulls open again. The passengers side is fine.

I need to sort this urgently as i work in a not so brilliant area and there's been a couple of bikes stolen. Also last night my mum left her car open by accident and some crettin had been rooting through all the stuff inside.

Somehow after trying lots ive managed to get both doors to lock, not sure if they're going to open again as its one of those things where there doesnt seem like a specific way to do it, ive just managed to make it lock by fiddling about with it. Now obviously i dont want to have to spend 10 mins fiddling every time i get out the car!

All help much appreciated, cheers (Y)

OP
OP
Barker
Nah i havent mate only just got back from Manc. SO just a bit of lubricant on the key and mush it around a bit in the lock? (My advanced terminology there).

OP
OP
Barker
Thanks will try it tomorrow, the urgency just dropped. Can always rely on nanas to help, shes just popped round and showed me the 'old fashioned way' of locking it. Open the door, keep the handle opened and press the lock from the inside then shut the door. Now locked! Any reason not to use wd40? (Not saying you're wrong just want to learn!)

And yeah reasonably happy, sort of expected it to be a little more nippy, but then again ive not been in high revs yet but it only feels a little faster than my mums 1.0 pug 107. Well see when i get a little more use out of it.

Once the solvent evaporates the film that's left just collects dust and dirt as opposed to lubricate. It is after all a Water Displacer.

You can use cooking oil if desperate but best stuff for locks is motorcycle chain grease, goes in thin, gets in all the small parts then solvent evaporates and you're left with grease.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Barker
Going to get my key copied tomorrow just in case. Will the copy still work? Not sure if you need a genuine Nissan key for the NATS or whatever

OP
OP
Barker
Okay so i didnt get chance to get my key copied buti tried oil on my key and gave it a bit of a thrusting them a turn. Just got jammed and after a lot of wiggling i got it back out.

Also managed to get my door card off (after about 40 mins of trying) to have a look inside. Cant see why it wont work, all i know is the lever (for the inside lock) wont stay across. If you push the button in from the inside it like squeezes down then springs out again as if the lever is pushing on a piece of rubber or something. Hard to explain, basically the lock lever on the inside wont sit flush, it springs out again and makes a sort of rubbery plasticy squeaking noise.
Left my door card off for now probs will till i sort it, was such a bastard to get off.

OP
OP
Barker
Right here's a pic with the door card off. The lower metal bar is the one that's a bit 'spongey' When i press the lock thing it squeaks and springs back a bit. And when i lock it from the passenger side the same thing happens, sort of locks then comes out again so i have to go round, lock it whilst holding the handle open on the outside then shut it and it stays locks. But cause the key jams up in that keyhole i have to get in from the passenger side :mad: Tried oiling everything up but no luck.
Door card off
IMG_0762.jpg

Unlocked
IMG_0763.jpg

'Locked'
IMG_0764.jpg