Urgent airbag help!!!

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Hey, just wondered if anybody knew a way to switch off the passenger airbag in an '03 K12. Have a friend who needs to disable it so they can carry their child in the front passenger seat....

Any help much appreciated as she is only around for another couple of hours

Thanks in advance

Jay

If you unplug it you are likely to get a warning from the ecu (which in my case didn't go when i pluged it back in again).

Scott

My name is Scott
Site Supporter
If there is a warning light. Just ignore it. Its not an MOT failure, it might just get annoying looking at it after a while lol

If you want to get rid of the warning light you can put the car into "diagnostic mode" and it will check if the warning light is still valid.

If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

Source: http://www.nissanforums.com/frontier/142419-air-bag-warning-light-comes-need.html

It worked for me when I had some stuff under the passenger seat and managed to disconnect some wires. Plugged them back in and did this and that sorted it. Hopefully should work for your friend.

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
what wires are those I noticed some hanging under passenger seat on mine and just thought they were for a higher spec car so not connected

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
To be honest I dont know I would have to read the book that came with it, although I cant see it as its just a k11 998cc e. Is that not the base model(Y)