Upgrading an Engine....Where to Start?

Hia All

Just joined and looking forward to finding loads of funky ideas for Roxxy, my lil Micra, she's my first Micra and I love her already. This is my first post here so please be nice :)

I've got a fair bit of experience adding bolt on upgrades to engines with some great results however I want Roxxys life to take a slightly different direction. The plan is to fit a new, well nearly new......well actually kinda used engine, generating a lot more power!

Now excluding other things to take into account such as suspension and brake upgrades that will be needed because of this, where the flip do I start? I've swapped out like for like engines before but never installed something so different from the original. Does anyone know any good companies, sites or forums that would be a good jumping off point and just how do I find out what will fit (with a little persuasion)?

I'd be looking to spend around £1500 on the engine and can install myself so labors not a problem.

Any info would be grand :) x

Hia All

Just joined and looking forward to finding loads of funky ideas for Roxxy, my lil Micra, she's my first Micra and I love her already. This is my first post here so please be nice :)

I've got a fair bit of experience adding bolt on upgrades to engines with some great results however I want Roxxys life to take a slightly different direction. The plan is to fit a new, well nearly new......well actually kinda used engine, generating a lot more power!

Now excluding other things to take into account such as suspension and brake upgrades that will be needed because of this, where the flip do I start? I've swapped out like for like engines before but never installed something so different from the original. Does anyone know any good companies, sites or forums that would be a good jumping off point and just how do I find out what will fit (with a little persuasion)?

I'd be looking to spend around £1500 on the engine and can install myself so labors not a problem.

Any info would be grand :) x
Have you thought about the nissan Almera/primera GTi engine they run around 140bhp as standard pick an engine up for no more than £600

Have you thought about the nissan Almera/primera GTi engine they run around 140bhp as standard pick an engine up for no more than £600

I had not, thanks :)

I've not got a clue when it comes to putting in different engines as only ever done like for like. How do you know these will go in?

Ta

Exhaust manifold & system is the biggest restriction. Then with your budget a Grp A airbox, cams and some self porting. Would see some good gains.

Back