Upgrade to a 160SR?

Just been browsing round the local Nissan dealers and got collared by a rep to look at the new K12 160SR. Now I've been an ardent K10 fan for donkeys years and was adamant that I never wanted to touch another Micra model. I didnt go for a test drive but i did get to sit inside and take a good look round and now I might be changing my mind about the new Micras. What does everyone else think? Or better still has anyone got their hands on one yet? Is it worth forking out 10 grand. I was also told that Nissan are only going to make 1600 as a limited edition, is that true or just a sales trick to get me to buy faster? Any input appreciated (I may have to go raid my piggy bank now)

R

RIK

ive only ever owed k11's,,but got fed up of chuckin muny at a 10 year old car,so went and bought a 160sr,,and i dont regret it one bit i, i love it

and im sure everyone that buys one will love it too,

if you can afford it,you must get leather..if you go for one option get the leather :)

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
i like the look of the 160sr, althoug if the drive is anthing like my mams 1.0E then i wouldnt buy one, just dont like the drive of it, although it looks like a very good car, agree with rik, saw pics of the ones with the leather and ones without and the leather really sets the interior off, saying that if your looking at buyin a k12 why not look into the c+c, you can still get the 1.6 in it and looks a toppa car for a couple of grand more!

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
The 160 drives much better than a std k12, take it for a test drive is the best advice really.
They are only making 1600 160SRs and then will continue to make the 1.6 as a SR I was told

R

RIK

i have never driven a normal k12 ,,i can belive that the 160sr hadles alot better than them,with stiffend and lower suspention,and esp...i can take corners alot quiker in my k12 than i could ever do in my lowerd k11 with strut braces,,

R

RIK

yeah it has sorry,,and i heard the chasis was worked on buy same people that did the 350 k12 or did i make that up too

T

twisterboy

Heard only about 1600 units coming in to the uk for the car, might wait I see a second hand one and go for it depending on price but I'm happy with my E apart from all the problems I've had in October I will be getting my new wheels on it and exhaust and spolier, watch this space!

P

Pace

Nissan have done, amongst other things, the following compared to a standard K12:

Increased Front Stabiliser Bar Diameter
Front Spring Rate Increased by 20%
Increased Rear Beam Stiffness
Rear Trailing Arm Bush Shape
New Rear Damper Valve Characteristics

As well as the cracking new 1.6 litre engine of course and all the general 2005 K12 model year improvements. The SR160 also gets ESP and curtain airbags in case your skill runs out!

It's not just style (side skirts, spoiler and funky satin alloys), I reckon it's brilliant fun to drive!