update on my corolla (image intensive)

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Hi all.

Well the Corolla has undergone quite a transformation since the last respray in house of kolor kandy cobolt blue to now a custom Aprilia Red.

The first stage of the airbrushing is complete with the rear of the car to follow, the interior has been colour coded red and door cards re-trimmed in a near matching cream leather.

Latest mod is a red led under car kit, it was pretty cheap but looks ok, I have seen better though. The interior lighting is complete and looks spot on. Just need to sort out the lighting in the amp rack for the letter C.

Next modification planned is Nitrous from Fusion Motorsport hopefully before JAE and a few more bits and pieces.

Now the updated images

Day Shots

front.jpg

wing.jpg

wing2.jpg

front2.jpg

bonnet3.jpg

bonnet.jpg

frontside.jpg

rearside.jpg

interior.jpg

Night Shots

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Nice mate!!! Airbrushing looks spot on. Did Steve do that for you?? Looks fab, looks better with the interior finished off now too. Good work.

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Arnold said:
Looking great mate... Any more paint issues or is it done now?

A few more bits to finish off, but basically yes. It will be going back in prior to JAE to have the drivers side rear finished off in the air brushing.

MICRASKYLINE said:
Nice!

Did Barwell do the paint job, I'm thinking of having my car resprayed!

Yep they certainly did. Give them a ring and get a quote for what you want doing.

micra man said:
Nice mate!!! Airbrushing looks spot on. Did Steve do that for you?? Looks fab, looks better with the interior finished off now too. Good work.

Steve has an air brushing expert who comes in to help out. Steve can do quite a bit himself and is learning to air brush. The guy who comes in is basically one of if not the best in the UK. Won every award going in the Uk and europe. There's not a blemish in the airbrushing and looks even better up close.

Grant said:
looks good anything else planned? got any of the engine bay and the sound system in the day?

thanks

Pic of the boot below when the car was blue. Nothing really has changed for a while. Although I just did remove the dvd changer and screen + all the wiring. Screen may possibly be for sale soon. (no other screen on the market can even touch this in terms on quality)

link to screen

boot.jpg

Lots planned, but running a house takes priority now...

As regards the led ground kit, I know not everyone likes them, but I've always wanted to get one on.

Ems

Ex. Club Member
I like the under car kit!!!!

Looking sweet tho Kev, bet your proud of it. Now all you've got to do is stay outta trouble!!!!!

R

Ray1

I love your leather seats, are they from another toyota/custom made etc?? and i dont believe i have come across leathers in a micra? has anyone from here? or indeed has anyone got them in their car at the mo?
cheers

Vipond

Ex. Club Member
loving the paint work. Totally awesome.
Like the neon colour but would look better if it was a bit more wide spread and less concentrated.

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
thanks for the comments.

I did think about tints, but all my funds are being put aside for the nitrous and performance gains.

I now want to focus on upping the 120bhp I currently have to much higher. I may even possibly remove the install and keep the system very simple and construct a box for the sub that I can remove when required. Keep all the wiring for the amps and just create a much lighter false floor and simple amp rack.

The dvd changer, screen and all the wiring and the weight of that was quite heavy.

Some serious weight could be lost by removing the install mdf, 10 rolls of flashing tape that I have used etc etc.

danni

Ex. Club Member
im loving it kev... at first when i seen the pics after donny i wasnt sure the red was as nice as the blue.. but after all this work thats been done i really really like it its a big improvement.. will look forward to seeing it at JAE x

R

runaway-robot

Nice car :) strip everything out of it, well the bare min. what u need, and tune the engine. Thats probly the only reason y i would never have a sound sysyem in my car lol