universal induction kit help.

Simonh

Midlands Rep
got a nice present from the postman. but i cant fit it. i dont even know how to get my air box off. can anyone help?

theres a jubilee clip under the air box (screw driver will undo this) and its off. just give it some force...

then you could take tthe air feed pipe off (2 10mm bolts, 1 under the coolent tank and one above it on the strut tower)

i have undone one bolt the the right of the air box by the intake pipe. but that doesnt seem to ahve loosened it too much at all. i cants ee any other screws and i cant see a jubilee clip either

i have undone one bolt the the right of the air box by the intake pipe. but that doesnt seem to ahve loosened it too much at all. i cants ee any other screws and i cant see a jubilee clip either

yearh the bolt you removed has to be removed aswell...look under the airbox there a jubilee clip that goes around the thrrottle body...oncee that is off it should be off...

just put a bolt through the hole in the pipe...(big bolt so it doesnt drop out lol) then put a nut onit from the inside of the pipe ;)

new problem now heres pics

DSC_0484.jpg

i need to connect the blue pipe where the black one is but i cant get it off?

cheers modded :) all sorted now :D

the oil breather pipe seems to have a kink in it. is that bad or not. im not sure if any air is passing through it? what does it actually do?

the oil breather pipe seems to have a kink in it. is that bad or not. im not sure if any air is passing through it? what does it actually do?

what you just said lol ''oil breather pipe'' it just lets oil out the rocker cover (nothing really comes out anyway) so i wouldnt worry about it. it wont affect anything.

Just like squarepants says. After 105k km on my Micra the only thing that came out of that pipe was some oil fumes but nothing worth mentioning - wouldn't even seen them if there wasn't a sort of filter in the stock airbox.

Btw - that intake doesn't look very good. Ok it "looks" good but not performance wise.

I tryed different setups but the only one that I could feel (I know...nice scientific method lol) a difference was this with a sport filter just like yours :p

200904172cam0003-medium.jpg

Btw - that intake doesn't look very good. Ok it "looks" good but not performance wise.

its almost at a ''tunned'' length. so should give okay gains. you can tell a diffrance between them and one sat on the TB. saying this iam running the standard set-up with a green cotten panel filter as i think its just as good as anything else :)

Just wanted to help m8s. Common sense would say that the CAI (cold :p air induction) would be mounted in a place which cold air is fed to.

Behind the battery is not a place like that :p

Anyway - just wanted to help to with my experience cause the sound is such a tempting factor which makes you feel the car goes faster.

So if your happy with it then it's the right thing for you (Y)

would have to agree with K11, the noise will give you the feeling you are going faster but an air filter on a small engine wont give anything much more than noise.

As stated you would have to get the open filter in a position that cold air gets too, with ot without the aid of some funneling. preferably as far away from the engine heat as possible and if not get a heatshield.

my 2pence worth :)

Firstly with a back box the sound is not very noticable. I have that induction kit and yea it looks good and its okay better than the original. And its cheap for what it is. K11, are using the set up of that pic you posted up? If so.. where is the filter :S if its just a pipe which it looks as if it is, then all the crap from outside flys ect is being drawn in? Also since mines a 1.0 im not expecting very good bph back from adding anything much lol. :)

i dont care about the power...i had a k and n panel filter before which probably gave me better gains. but i like the noise.

Firstly with a back box the sound is not very noticable. I have that induction kit and yea it looks good and its okay better than the original. And its cheap for what it is. K11, are using the set up of that pic you posted up? If so.. where is the filter :S if its just a pipe which it looks as if it is, then all the crap from outside flys ect is being drawn in? Also since mines a 1.0 im not expecting very good bph back from adding anything much lol. :)

The filter is on my desk in my garage. I made this pic so I could show someone else how I'm going to do it but at that point it wasn't finished.

The pipe is smooth inside and the outside is ufff can't remember the word but you see it on the pic so you can bend it a lot.

200904172cam0004-medium.jpg

At the end of this pipe I mounted my filter and yes without it you would slowly ruin your engine :p

The filter looks like this
1921C_WEBS.jpg

And you can gain bhp from an 1.0 (Y)

Back