Universal air ride bags

pork

Club Member
Posting here, coz k10 section is ignored

Been thinking about making my own air ride kit

I run a air compressor company, so have a wide range of pneumatic fittings/tanks/valves etc

The thing that's tripping me up is the struts.

Seen the universal bags on eBay, anyone used then?
Is it just a case of making upper and lower plates to hold them to the strut?

They still seem quite expensive too, unless anyone can suggest a cheap supply.

Any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
You are in a perfect business! Have you looked at shipping bags from the states? Know anyone going out there who could bring some back in luggage? You could ask dez on RR he has built a few, he's currently doing his w114 merc.

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Dez ay?

Il ask him :)

Havnt looked into states either, but il start.

My car is a k10 micra, I've used polo coilovers a few times now, but wanna make something new

I know your a k11 dude (sweet car btw) so maybe il share my endeavours as I gues they might translate to your car

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Thinking of using these universal bags, which would replace the spring on the coilovers....

6ad03193040d06e240f583c4861b3ffb.jpg

5e0065b5c8171166304a83c6a9898062.jpg

But they are £380 a pair!!

Wondering if there's something from another car I could get 2nd hand that could be adapted

h701micra

Deactivated Account
If you're going for it Neil I'll give you one piece of advice. Don't skimp on the bags themselves. If anything else, that's where your money needs to go

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Gotta be some factory fitted bags that might do the job somewhere

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Cheapest bag over strut type bag I've found is from an Audi all road,.....

be06fd6a3eb6bc2ef30dc675659bc2cc.jpg

Need to find some spec sheets

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Air bags (bellow springs) are pretty simple really Neil
That lump on the shock is a level & pressure sensor. Tells the car if theirs a leak or how high it is and needs to adjust brake compensation blah blah. Those ones though are prone to never ending air leaks.

If you can measure the air pressure they operate on you can recreate it. Won't be given out as it's one of them Audi secrets to how they handle. Maximum and minimum but they're operation is linear :)

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Well they'll be going over polo coilover struts, so wanted to know the inside diameter

These are the sleeve bag type so the outer diameter should fit the suspension turret