uneven tyre wear

hi all, hoping someone can help me. I noticed last week that the inside edge of both front tyres were very badly worn, the rest of the tyre has plenty of tread. went too get the tracking checked and they said it was a little bit out but not bad enough to cause that much wear. The changed the tyres front to rear and said to come back so they could have another look because there must be a problem elsewhere. To save myself afew pennies id rather sort the problem myself, and just wondered if there was anything it was likley to be before i get under the car. The car has recently been mot'd and the tester is the fussy sort so im abit stumped as to what could cause this much wear yet pass the mot.

Too much toe out, if the inside is wearing. If its the same on both sides and the car drives in a straight line. Have a go yourself. Mark where the track rod ends are initially and then lengthen them a 1/2 turn each.

Also worth asking if these tyres came on the car or were from another vehicle...... or were perhaps used for a period of time with the tracking out ...... how much tread left on the rest of the tyres ... and also are they avons Z range ...... because they do wear badly on the edges even if the tracking is spot on ?

Back